(X1 Mk1) (Traktor) How to make Traktor "forget" the loop size after closing the loop?
    Tech Convert

Default (X1 Mk1) (Traktor) How to make Traktor "forget" the loop size after closing the loop?

Hello everyone!

I have not found an answer to my question and i am also very sure that it requires some kind of macro for what i want to do. Thats well above my very basic Midi-Mapping skills.

Heres whats my Problem:
    I use the loop feature a lot!(Techno DJ) And when there are two tracks playing i like to shorten the loop of the outgoing track to 1/16 or so to raise the energy.
    Then i put a new track in the Same Deck and forget that the loop-size is still 1/16

So when i want to loop the New track i usually want it to start with a 4 beat loop. But because i forgot to reset the loop size it goes mad at 1/16 and wrecks my beatmatching just before the drop -> VERY BAD, I get very sad then (Sometimes even mad, but not that often - Im a peaceful guy )

Heres what i want to achieve:

Just make Traktor forget the Loop size when i deactivate a Loop/Put a new song in the Deck.

Thank you for your Helps!

Best regards
    Tommi

"Reset all deck controls when loading track will reset all of the deck controls when you load a new track such as the tempo fader."
    try this and check if loop size is also re-set.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

How do you load your tracks? You can map what ever loop size you want to the 'LOAD' button so that way the loop size would be instantly set when new track is loaded.

Tech Convert

SlayForMoney: Already tried that :/ Would be logical if that worked but unfortunately it doesn't :/

Stewe: With the normal "Load" knobs of the X1

I just accidentally found what i was looking for... but on another button of the X1. The "Out" button just makes a 4 Beat loop and is not affected by the selected loop-size!
    (But in the end im going to map the "In" and the "out" button to a beatjump function so i can't just use that button )

If i select the Loop knob in the Traktor Controller Editor there are many marked lines with a lot of Modifiers which i don't really understand :/

Does anyone of you know which mapping part i need to delete to make my loop knob just always start with a 4-beat loop - everything else stays the same?

Thank you a lot!

Add In > Deck Common > Loop > Loop Size Selector
    type = button
    mode = direct
    value = 4

With this set, you can select a four beat loop every time you press the button. Regardless to the loop being active or not.

If however you wish to change the loop size but only when looping you can set that with a 'Loop Active" modifier by setting this command to work when out of loop. This modifier is based on a deck selector so don't forget to assign correct deck target for each of the commands.

Tech Convert

Default Thank you!

Thank you very much unknown man from the internet

I tried the whole time using the "Loop size select + Set" Control.... which just ended in a mess...

Thank you again perfectly solved the problem!!!

Best regards!

You are welcome. Feel free to stop by if you have more questions, I'm glad to help.