Pioneer DDJ SX (sold)
    Pioneer HDJ 2000 W
    Yamaha & Jackson Guitar + Yamaha & (don't know name) Bass
    Event 20/20 Monitors
    NI Mashine Mikro

new in 2014

Pioneer XDJ-Aero W
    Pioneer XDJ-SP1
    Macbook Pro 15" (Bought used) (Now Sold)
    Macbook Air 13"
    iMac 21" (for Production)
    Belkin Thunderbolt Express dock
    Motu 828x
    Nektar Panorama P4
    Icon Qcon Pro
    iCON Qcon EX
    Rode NT1-A
    Behringer Ultrapatch
    Behringer Ultracurve (Used)
    Kramer Guitar

New 2015
    Alessia iO Dock 2

Backup controllers or where there are CDJ's
    NI Z1, X1 MKII and F1

Software
    DJ - Mixvibes Cross (Serato DJ, Traktor Pro2, Virtual DJ, Djay)
    Production - Propellerhead Reason

IMG_6364.jpg
    IMG_6361.jpg
    IMG_6362.jpg

Made some changes to the setup 2015

IMG_7451.jpg

There are still some stuff on my to buy list
    Last edited by dj gullum; 01-09-2015 at 05:14 AM.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Nice, how do you like that Icon?

I like it a lot and makes mixing songs much easier then using only mouse. The faders are quiet and fast, button have a nice click feel so you know you pressed them.
    I'm thinking of getting the EX also but there is no preset for them for Reason so I have to use the Logic Pro setting and there are a few buttons not mapped.
    I'm going to start making a remote map for it but need to understand the mapping in reason a bit better.
    I've already done mapping for my other controllers in VDJ Mixvibes and Traktor so I should figure it out.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Made a few more changes to my setup got the Icon Qcon EX
    This is my production setup the Mashine Micro is on the right for drum programing
    IMG_6475.jpg

I've also changed from using the Pioneer DDJ-SX to using the XDJ-Aero + DDJ-SP1 (Waiting for a white faceplate sticker from 12inch) I'm using it with Mixvibes Cross
    IMG_6624.jpg

Tech Wizard

First off, sweet setup!

Do you use your laptop screen to produce? I have a 15" MBP too and I always struggle while producing if the screen is too far away.

Yes I use the laptop to produce too. It is on an table mounted arm so I can pull it really close for when I'm making music + the MBP has an 1680x1050 screen, but I do remove the Aero from the table when producing. I don't have problems with this resolution.

I'm planing on getting a new iMac soon for production, I gave the old 27" to my son when the HD went dead just replaced it with an 250 GB and is perfect for his games and can be used as a screen for his PS3.

Finally got my white faceplate from 12incskin
    IMG_6664.jpg

totally loving my all white setup.

Lookin good man - Do you enjoy the SX? I am actually picking one up today from a buddy who upgraded to the SZ.

Yes I like it quite a lot but I have switched to the XDJ-Aero + DDJ-SP1 and I'm actually selling my DDJ-SX. Was planing on getting the SZ, but I wanted something smaller because I play out of town most of the time so need something easy to transport.
    The SX is still a very good controller and if I don't get enough for it I'll just keep it for when something opens again in my town.

Tech Convert

Looks like this room gets sh*t done! nice one
    soundcloud.com/slo-fy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast