Beat Jump on Pioneer CDJ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Beat Jump on Pioneer CDJ

Hi guys, noticed that rekordbox has the beatjump feature.

I use this alot in my sets with traktor before I mix in, to confirm the intro length and match phrases (jump ard 8bars/32beats).

Is it possible to do this on the cdj 900 nexus itself? If so how?

Thanks!
    2 x Technics 1210 / 2 x Stanton ST150 / Shure M44-7 / Kontrol S4 / KRK Rokit 5 / AIAIAI TM-1 / Westone 1 / HP dv6-6105TX

Tech Mentor

I think you're talking about the cue loop function. You just load a song, and then hit the cue loop arrows to Scroll between the loops.
    But you have to save those loops via memory in record box. The cue loops them selves will be saved in the bank on the right hand side next to the songs wave display at the top.

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the reply Killing time! But I wasn't referring to the loops actually.

I was just referring to jumping around the track in the number of beats i set. Like the beat jump function in traktor.
    2 x Technics 1210 / 2 x Stanton ST150 / Shure M44-7 / Kontrol S4 / KRK Rokit 5 / AIAIAI TM-1 / Westone 1 / HP dv6-6105TX

Tech Mentor

I would like to know this as well. I use it all the time on my X1. Missing this function is my biggest hurdle between Traktor and CDJ's.

Just to be clear "beat jump" is the ability to move a loop forward/backwards 4/8/16 beats, right? If so, no. You can't do this on pioneer CDJs. I'm not sure any CDJ has this functionality, actually.

Tech Mentor

Not a loop, just the playing position from where it is now. This way you can easily go back the required number of bars without counting them. And yes, I know how to count quickly.

Ok, I just had to go look up exactly what beatjump is. Honestly...I didn't even know traktor could do that. Seeing as must people are having to set 3 different midi mappings to a button to get it to work...it's a safe bet that a CDJ can't do this at all.

Tech Mentor

You don't need 3 mappings to make it work. It's one single command.

Tech Mentor

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/newsroom/ne...ox30/page.html

http://rekordbox.com/en/function/

both links talk about a beat jump function, but nth else. hence my question in 1st post.
    it just makes confirming my intro length that much faster, especially for tracks im not too familiar with. rather than counting in my headphones

OK, so maybe we STILL need to figure out exactly what you're trying to do:

Are you trying to be able to set a button that automatically jumps forward/backward a set number of beats (i.e. hit button, track always moves forward 8 beats)?

Or are you attempting to prepare cue markers to jump across certain sections of songs (i.e. when I get to cue point 2, go straight to cue point 3 skipping the break)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast