CAn Anyone Help Me Out with Serato Itch? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

cheers travis will keep my eyes peeled to see what Serato and vestax tell me, drop a line if you find anything mate, thanks for your help so far, much appreciated!! btw do you have any i dea as to how to get the monitor out working for vci 300 on traktor pro? that and the jog wheels is the only problem left to tackle there, ok and the directsound issue.... but it looks quite promising so far will be upping my little tsi once i got it going, probably a bit basic compared to the feats on DJTT but for a 2 deck setup it seems quite nice so far, just tweaking the button i already mapped, but i managed to get looping cue points and basic effect together so far

Tech Wizard

Saw your post from today on this thread:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3201

Sounds like you're on the right track, however, judging from what I've been reading folks have been having nothing but problems trying to get the VCI-300's sound card to work in anything but Itch. Not even sure if this will be possible to be honest (at least until Vestax address's what's intended or going on).

Shame such a beautiful piece of kit has to have so many nuances.

So this puts you back in the boat of using your Terretec DMX as the sound card of choice in Traktor PRO (which is going to be far superior to the built in VCI device anyhow).

Goto Preferences > Audio > "select your DMX 6Fire driver". Make SURE it's not a direct sound or DX version of the driver. Chances are the ASIO version will be tagged with the word ASIO in the driver name, or just something plain like; DMX 6Fire. Trust me, the 10-12ms latency you'll see will be key compared to the cracks and pops you'll likely get from running direct sound drivers.

Looking at the DMX unit it appears you have 3 stereo pairs to work with (1/2, 3/4, 5/6), so this should work beautifully. I'm going to assume you're not mixing externally on a mixer, but instead running all internal.

You'll ignore the headphone output on the VCI, use the one on your DMX instead. Under Preferences > Output: set channels 1/2 as your master output (L/R) and 3/4 (L/R) as monitor output (your headphone out on the front of the DMX is going to default to the 3/4 or 5/6 stereo pair). You may even have a button to select which one you want assigned to it, test the different stereo pairs in Traktor to figure out which works. Just be sure your cue mix and cue volume in Traktor are balanced so you're getting output from the master and cue'd deck. If you're still not hearing anything in the headphones make sure you've clicked the CUE button on the deck you're trying to hear in Traktor (you sound intelligent, doubt this would happen to you =P).

If you're not seeing all your stereo pairs from the DMX unit in Traktor and only 0/1 or something to that effect, then you're not selecting the correct driver or there is something wrong with the DMX's driver implementation.

Get back at me, we'll worry about mini-translator and jog wheels after this is all working proper. I think Traktor PRO only supports high-def / 14-bit midi messages on the pitch faders, not jogs (thus the need for the translator).
    Last edited by Travis; 10-16-2009 at 02:28 PM.
    Native Instruments Kontrol S4
    Apple Macbook (OS/X 10.5)
    Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz (3MB L2 cache)
    2GB PC5300 DDR2-667

Hey Travis thanks for coming to the rescue again mate looks like thats what I'm gonna do cos the repoly I got from vestax isnt really what i was hoping for, gonna have to wait for them, I'm quite to stick to my DMX, truth be told for a high quality mobile soundcard I dont think you can do a lot better. I just dont want to lug the card about too, I wouldnt want to get it damaged.

I'm just a little curious as to what the recent firmware update to VCI 300 did, it was meant to add a lot of support for the card outside Serato ITCH, looked at the changelog but not much info there, still not 100% sure whether the jackouts on vci300 are balanced or not, though given the quality of the card itself I doubt it somewhat.

I thought that as of TPro 1.1.1 there was full support for hi rez midi, though i cant say I'm sure, so far havent touched jogs and pitch faders in my mapping, will check and let you know. Cheers mate thanks again!
    Last edited by CodeMorse; 10-16-2009 at 06:31 PM.

BTW the DMX gives me a latency of 4ms in ASIO with Traktor Pro and a nice sampling rate of upto 192KHZ (though I personally prefer 44.1 increments and use 88.2)
    Yes it's a damn good piece of kit

OK VCI-300 is out of the window just changed it for a VCI 100 (v1.2) now to set it up
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Tech Student

Default Please Help...

I've been having this same problem for a very long time.
    I have 2 different laptops. One is a Dell with windows XP and the other is a Sony Vaio with Windows 7 (64 Bit). The Dell NEVER gives me a problem, but whenever I use the Sony, Itch always ends up freezing up on me, whether it be 5 minutes into a set or 5 hours. The program freezes, but the track keeps playing. I am unable to use any of the controls on the VCI-300. I've done everything reccomended by both Vestax and the guys from Serato. I've purchased the Vestax power adapter, I analyzed all of my files and deleted all the corrupt ones and have done a million other things as well. Ever since I've deleted all of my corrupt files, Itch has been working fine for quite awhile, but last night while DJing at a BBQ using the Sony Vaio, Itch froze on me 4 times. I guess at this point, all that I want to know is - is Itch compatible with Windows 7??? I don't know what else to do. I'm also aware that a million other people are having the same problem with windows 7.
    Someone PLEASE HELP..

I have a Sony Vaio.
    4.00 GB
    Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
    Windows 7
    64 Bit

The last thing that I did was run the DPC Latency Checker Tool.
    I clicked run, and went to sleep. When I woke up about 6 hours later, I went over to take a look. The results read -

"Some device drivers on this machine behave bad and will probably cause drop outs in real time audio and/or video streams. To isolate the misbehaving driver, use default manager and disable/enable various devices one at a time. Try network and w-lan adapters, modems, internal sound devices, USB host controllers, etc."

The guys at serato say - "ITCH and the VCI-300 are completely Windows 7 compatible. What you are experiencing will be a conflict withing your Sony laptop".

Carl from Vestax customer support says that is not true and that he has been getting a lot of calls regarding freeze problems when using itch with windows 7 (64 Bit).

Can anyone please help me out?? I'd rather hear that the Serato guys are wrong rather than pulling my hair out of my head not being able to find a fix for this.

If you can, please email me at mikey5oh@yahoo.com as this email gets fowarded to my phone.

Thanks in advance guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    First, nice rig you got there *jealous*! Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but the VCI-300 doesn't even support the x64 operating system architecture. You need to be running a 32-bit version of windows and most likely your problems will be resolved (given proper latency settings for the sound card, etc).

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Macintosh
    CPU : G4 1.5GHz or better
    RAM : 1GB
    Available USB Port

OR

Windows XP
    CPU : Pentium 4 mobile 2GHz or better
    Available USB Port
    Windows Vista
    CPU : Core Duo 1.6GHz or better
    Available USB Port

Please note
    The above is minimum requirement to run ITCH. We recommend you use a higher spec computer where possible. If you have a particularly large library, you will benefit from having more RAM.
    Windows Vista 64 bit not supported, if you are purchasing a Vista machine for ITCH, please ensure it has Windows Vista 32 bit installed.

Tech Student

Default Code Morse

I saw that you stated that Serato iTch is NOT supported by a 64 bit OS.
    I fully agree with you but for some reason the guys at Serato don't. They say that iTch IS supported by Windows 7 64 Bit. I've been having nothing but trouble when using a 64 bit system but zero problems when using my XP 32 bit. Do you think that it would be ok to run a WINDOWS 7 32 bit being that I am unable to buy an XP OS?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12