What AudioInterface do you use? - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

yeah looks good, i can even hook up a TT, would be nice if u can run timecode records to traktor with this!!! i like the fact it has effects also and u can still use them if your computer is off. very nice,

currently im just a bedroom dj, have done weddings, small clubs in the past but id like to get back in. i do want new equipment and would like to practice b4 starting up again.

I love traktor and cant go back to dual cd players. im looking for a controllee for tracktor (vci-100 looks good) and a back up if my lappy decides to crash.

was looking at the korg zero 4 but had heard good and bad things about it. its also $1300 and then ill still need a deck controler for traktor.

if i get this sound card, around $600 and a vci-100 about the same $550 then thats all i need. can use my phone as a backup or just get a mp3 player/cd play and hook her up in the soundcard.

decisions, decisions!!!! LOL
    ::: mixing music that feeds the soul ::: iTunes | House-mixes.com | Mixcloud
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."

Konnekt live :
    I's my main sound card on my studio for the moment... It works like a charm and a I already used many (many, many, many) sound cards, so I can tell you that there is no need to look toward RME's. It sounds loud and proud, very large and I think it will deliver a very great sound on big P/A.
    Actually , there is a killer spec over the others sound cards (Can I say that ?)
    There is a DSP based TC finalizer (EQ and multiband compressor) and you can route your signal through before external amplification. I let you imagine, fine tuned, how it can sounds on good P/A systems...

I 'll try it with Tpro on a regular 2.0Ghz macbook ASA I receive my VCI100 SE from djTT (ordered yesterday).

I'm suposed to have a gig at the end of february (the club has a big DB technik P/A System). I'll report about the configuration in live situation in march.

NI audio kontrol 1

i was going to get the audio 4 dj but it was a fair while away locally and this seemed to fit the bill straight up.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Wallsy View Post
    I've just ordered a presonus firebox on the advice of mr golden in his audio card video.

Does anybody have any other thoughts on this soundcard before i hand over the rest of the cash??
    Wallsy and anyone reading the thread...

I just bought a Presonus and have run it 3 nights in a row, all i can say is absolutely ROCK SOLID. I had an Audio Kontrol 1 previously and compared to the presonus its crap.

The Presonus has an unbelievably loud headphone output which i don't think would ever have to be turned up over 1/3 as it'd blow ur eardrums. The outputs are all clear and loud. It's a solid build, easy layout, plenty of flexibility.

Only con i have is the need to start the mixer software each time to load the card up into traktor but apart from that and after using the AK1 i wouldn't hesitate to tell you to buy the Presonus. Excellent card all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Coight View Post
    Only con i have is the need to start the mixer software each time to load the card up into traktor but apart from that and after using the AK1 i wouldn't hesitate to tell you to buy the Presonus.
    I never have to do that personally - are you using a pc or a mac ?

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

line 6 gear box, meant for recording guitar..

had to configure everything a little different, also had to pop some 1/4" inch converters over the 3.5mm sides of two 3.5mm to RCA cords, &honestly it works pretty damn decant for two channel routing,

but

what id have to recommend right now, is the Numark Dj I/O Sound card.
    just cause you can find'em for about $80 bucks & theres a rebate
    for next month promising $20 bucks back via mail. so in the end
    $60 for a decant soundcard is pretty killer.

(rebate .pdf downloadable via: guitarcenter.com look up "rebates" on site)
    - no personal affiliation with ether company///////////// - S

Don't laugh. USB Soundblaster X-fi 5.1! I bought it here on base as a cheap alternative till my Dad finds/sends me my Audio8DJ from storage back at home. He has no idea where my audio8 is, however, I'm impressed with how well the cheapo creative interface works in osx. Upon connecting, i use "Audio Midi setup" in utilities folder to setup it for 5.1ch output vs it's 2ch default setting. Once that's completed, in Traktor i map main to be 1-2, and monitor 3-4. The main outs on it are RCA, running at 16bit/48k at 4ms!!! No dropouts, loud output levels. On my Audio 8 w/ timecode i had it set at same bitrate/sample rate but latency was higher at 9ms. So for $50 I'm pretty happy. Btw, it has NO ASIO support, therefore it supports only wdm in windows. and i haven't tried the line in for recording yet.
    3x sl-1200s, Rane Empath, KP3, Ineko, Serato SL1, TS-Pro, RP10s sub, Event TR8 monitors, Xiosynth, Nano Pad & Kontrol, VCI-100 1.3 djtt, 3x M44g, DT-770, Rp-DJ1200, 13" MBP 4GB 2.26 128GB Corsair P128 Solid State Drive.

Dj I/O

Edit: I use Dj I/O whit Pioneer amplifier.
    I bougth Dj I/O 99€
    Last edited by Fxma; 07-26-2009 at 08:15 AM.

Native INstruments Audio4DJ is my tool.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

NI Audio 8 is my tool learn something new with it every time i go to hook it up hahaha...
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast