how to record mixes with Traktor 3 LE ??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

yes, i have a line-in on my mac. so in theory, audacity should be no different running the signal from the main out on my indigo to the line in on my mac (via 1/8 to 1/8 cable)

i'ma still poke around on my mac system preferences and see if i can set up the indigo as the primary sound device. however, im not at my apartment and my indigo is - and im on a business trip next week until thursday night. i doubt ill be able to do this without having the indigo card plugged into the carbus slot, although i may still be able to do it just with the indigo driver software...

either way, you have been a tremendous help!!! thanks so much!!!

ill be sure to post up links to some of my mixes in a week or two ;-)
    [mike.frank]

youre welcome. we are all here to learn from another. I hope you get everything as you need it to. I look forward to your mixes, in the meantime you might want to check out my newest mixvideo

http://vimeo.com/6964288
    DJ_special_K 50min live Mix Video^^
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Tech Wizard

it appears i will be able to set up the indigo as my output device, but ill have to have the card inserted into the cardbus slot.

so if i can in fact do this, i just set audaucity to record the "stereomix" ? I assume thats in the preferences menu?
    [mike.frank]

yes, a pulldown menu beside the volume meter. See, it isnt that complicated after all

I think if you can choose the indigo as the primary sound device, there should be a option which channels are the main channels. it might be that it shows you 4 channels, 1+2 as phones and 3+4 as master-out/main-out. Make sure you select the right ones, or you might record the wrong output, in example the headphones
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

ssuupp guys!
    a question here.. do i need an external sound card to record a mix?
    i have a BCD3000 and using a Traktor LE..
    pls help me here..
    thnx..

does the internal recorder not work in le? i forget

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

the internal recorder does not work in LE...

denzer - yes, you will need an external soundcard to lay down your mixes. what I ended up doing is this - I got a "Y" splitter (single male 1/8" to double female 1/8"). Plug the male end of the splitter into the line out of the soundcard. I also bought a very short (1ft.) 1/8" male to 1/8" male patch cable. So I take the patch cable from one half of the Y splitter into the line in on my laptop. this sends the audio signal from T3LE to the built-in soundcard on my laptop, and this is the signal that Audacity picks up and records. Then from the 2nd half of the Y Splitter, i plug in my computer speakers. So in essence, all I am doing is splitting the audio output from Traktor - I can still hear what I am mixing via my computer speakers, while at the same time I route the signal into my built-in soundcard and thus into Audacity, for recording purposes.

hope this makes sense!
    [mike.frank]

BradCee - there is no internal recorder inside LE..

maf940 - thnx for your help mate. I will try it soon and tell what's my result..
    war is wrong, get the bong!

maf940- i managed to record my mix. but somehow, only one of the speakers are working. but i still can hear the sounds clearly for left & right from the headphones.. thnx anyway, but now my output mix only can be heard by left audio.. can u help me with this?
    war is wrong, get the bong!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12