F1 Multi Color for Pads

Default F1 Multi Color for Pads

So I have received multiple requests to update my cue point mapping for the Traktor Kontrol F1 (link for mapping here)so that when a cue is placed the pad changes color to the type of cue point loaded and maybe even beatphase the pad. I really have no idea how to map the led outputs as, for the most part, all I use is the Traktor Controller Editor and .nckF1 files. Does anyone know how to get a pad to change to say green if its a loop cue, yellow for load, orange for fade in/out and even beatphase?

As of right now I control the led outputs on the pad just with the controller editor with the pads set to dual color mode and in Gate mode

Bonus question: Also looking for help on how to control the LED display next to the encoder to show the size of loop selected/ effect level
    Hercules RMX 2 Traktor Kontrol F1
    Check out my F1 hot cue mapping https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/1376

Tech Wizard

There are two ways to go about this, the first deals with the nckf1.

In the controller editor you set the pads led mode to HSB (hue, saturation, brightness). With the mode the LED outs are mapped across channels 1, 2, and 3 for each note. Midi velocity on channel one controls hue, two controls saturation, and three controls brightness.

This is impractical for me though, at least until there's an xtreme mapping for Windows.

The method I use for multiple color LEDs is the user map mode, however I have yet to see post explain this clearly.

You're obviously familiar with midi mode, not much to say for this mode it's just a midi controller.
    Then there is user mode (this is selected under F1 tab on the traktor menu). The way I understand it is that when the F1 is configured with traktor, it imports the NI "user" mapping. when user mode is selected shift+browse toggles this mappings input between F1 and none. You then clear all the mappings and make your own.
    In user mode the controler is still using HID control so the mapping is a bit different. There are a few limitations, and you'll have to redo your mapping, but you can map each pad by color.

How do I find this HSB mode? I have xtreme mapping so this wouldn't be too tricky (i hope)
    Also i have been trying to stay away from the user mode because i use the remix decks when i play but that is an option that I know i have
    Hercules RMX 2 Traktor Kontrol F1
    Check out my F1 hot cue mapping https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/1376

Tech Wizard

My primary F1 mapping is done in user mode, and I have no issue quickly switching between user and remix modes.
    But that's beside the point...
    You have much greater control with hsb.

You first need to get the NI controller editor program. You then can create a new layout for the controller's midi signals. When you click one of the pads you can choose the led output settings. I believe there are three modes, single, which lets you choose one color for on; dual, one color for on one for off; and finally hsb. Set every pad to hsb mode, save it and your set.

I envy your xtreme mapping... I find I spend way to much mapping in traktor.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by npapermaster94 View Post
    How do I find this HSB mode?
    Look at Controller Editor and not the actual Traktor controller manager.