Hercules RMX Traktor DUO TSI
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hercules RMX Traktor DUO TSI

I mapped this lastnite, I dont have a pix for the functions, but Ill post it shortly. Its a regular two deck setup (DUO) hehe

The only real neat features are the FX buttons & Loop/Loop Size +/-
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Student

Very nice, i just imported and it works perfectly! thanks! i just need to know how to make the mappin in general, i want to tray and make one myself, for my needs, is there a tutorial here?

Quote Originally Posted by L-Johnny View Post
    Very nice, i just imported and it works perfectly! thanks! i just need to know how to make the mappin in general, i want to tray and make one myself, for my needs, is there a tutorial here?
    Yes is there any tutorial??

Quote Originally Posted by Dj just b View Post
    Yes is there any tutorial??
    If using Traktor it is very easy, here's a very quick easy guide (so quick I may miss out something )

Go to preferences.
    Click on midi set up, not hotkey set.
    Select a control from the list you wish to re-assign, if it is not on the list click 'add' and select it from there.
    Click on 'learn' to activate, move the knob/button on the RMX, then click learn again to de-activate.
    That's it, you have assigned it.
    You may have to make adjustments to work perfect, they are on screen when you select the control. Just play around until you happy.

I think that's it.....
    I am at work though so can't double check if I have missed something obvious.
    JOHN SHIMA | LIVE RADIO SHOW
    ALTERNATE SUNDAYS 8PM - 10PM (GMT)
    DETROIT TECHNO | DEEP HOUSE | BLEEPS | ACID
    www.future-music.co.uk

Sounds good. Ill give it a shot. Thanks!!

Tech Guru

Advanced tip: For dual setting the same knob you will need modifiers (like the shift key or the capslock key on your keybord)

Traktor 1.2.1 -> You can set up to 8 modifiers in 10 different numbers and use two modifiers at one single action(command).

There is where im a bit lost. Im new to traktor. Had to switch teams here cause Virtual Dj midi is the biggest pain ever. Nothing ever works at all with it. Its only been 2 weeks with traktor pro.

Tech Guru

it's not hard, with modifiers you can think that they are a "State" in your gear.
    I have the Oxygen 8 V2 and I work with modifiers with a Sustain Pedal, whenever my sustain pedal is pressed, I enter in a different controller, with another map to all knobs, faders and keys...
    Checkout the Oxygen 8 V2 thread at forum and the blog entry.

Thanks for all the great help!! This is helping the analog to ditital transistion for me a lot. Once i have the rmx figured out ill try to tackle the akai lpd8.

Tech Student

This is more or less finished, well the only thing is that the 4th program bank is empty as I don't know what to do with it, I'm open to suggestions though. I've only got this thing off Ciar2001 yesterday, so apologies if any bugs are found.

Bear in mind this is supposed to compliment the VCI-100 and uses some functions of Ean's mapping.

Here's the outline:
    Bank 1
    Main function: Cue Jumping

The pads act as Hot Cue buttons 1-4. Top row is Deck A bottom is Deck B.
    The rotary knobs control FX banks 3 and 4 in chained mode.

If you flip the Deck C/D mode on the VCI the pads now control Hot Cues on decks C and D.

Now here's the best bit, that makes it even better than the nanoPad, turn on Juggle mode on the VCI, and miraculously the pads become Hot Cue points from 5-7 whilst the last one becomes a play/pause toggle much like in Eans We Will Rock You video.

Bank 2
    Main function: Loop Control

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast