For those few of us who scratch and do tricks... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tech Wizard

Well, it's close (midi response time) becasue you can do a respectable amount of scratchery with the VCI/Traktor as is.

I have to ask though (and this is not a quiz, I REALLY don't know). The response time on programs like Final Scratch and Serato seem to be FLAWLESS by nearly all accounts and personal observation. Are those not midi too or is the whole control record setup different?

As well, I've seen a few VCI-300/Serato Itch posts including the one I put at the beginning of this thread and that midi has what looks to be a big improvement on response time. No, not quite perfect but on a scale of 1 to 10, it looks to be a 9+.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by DJLp View Post
    I have to ask though (and this is not a quiz, I REALLY don't know). The response time on programs like Final Scratch and Serato seem to be FLAWLESS by nearly all accounts and personal observation. Are those not midi too or is the whole control record setup different?
    Nope thats not midi, thats something else all together. The vinyl contains a audio signal time code thats used to control the deck, at no stage is this signal turned into midi. This process adds a fair amount of latency that is possible to avoid with the technology we have today.

Tech Wizard

Thank you for the detail. Now that leaves The VCI-300 & Serato Itch. Does that mean Serato has a lead on how to make the software more scratch & (manual) juggle friendly?

Thank you for the detail. Now that leaves The VCI-300 & Serato Itch. Does that mean Serato has a lead on how to make the software more scratch & (manual) juggle friendly?
    The million dollar question will be answered in Eans review of the VCI-300. I haven't had any hands on experience so its hard to answer that.

i'm just wondering if itch is going to be as user customizable as traktor. i mean the whole reason i went with a midi controller over the time-code setup is the control / creative reworking i could do.

that said, i doubt it's going to have a noticeable lack of a latency over traktor.

sill, i'm real interested to see what ean does with the vci-300 when he gets his hands on it....
    "This is the soundtrack to the nightmares in which I can't wake up. I'm about to be murdered, or I'm being forced to jump off a cliff. Thank you."
    http://www.myspace.com/kagnawh

Tech Wizard

I don't know if it's exactly a latency issue but more of a midi command issue. Look @ the video @ the beginning of this post. Not to mention (as also detailed in a post on the previous page), it's not the VCI, it's the Traktor software. They (Native Instruments) are about 92% there but there are a few things some believe can be adjusted to make Traktor respond like Serato Itch or more turntable-like. Reworking on midi/VCI is surperior in our software and hardware. If that's your goal, you made the right move in my opinion.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234