Noisy sound NI Audio 2 DJ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Noisy sound NI Audio 2 DJ

Hey guys

Today recieved my brand new Audio 2 DJ sound card. When i connect it to my macbook the sound it gives is very noisy (through the noise you can hear the song a little bit in the back ground) I did everyting the instruction manual described... I connected the soundcard to a adapter powerd usb-hub.
    I got the same noisy sound trough my speakers as my headphone (chanels a and b). The sound also stays the same when i listen to Itunes, so i dont think it has anything to do with Traktor...

Help

How high (or low) is your latency? Try setting it a little bit higher or change your buffer size. (set it higher). Does the noise reduce or is it still as bad?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by schaap View Post
    Hey guys

Today recieved my brand new Audio 2 DJ sound card. When i connect it to my macbook the sound it gives is very noisy (through the noise you can hear the song a little bit in the back ground) I did everyting the instruction manual described... I connected the soundcard to a adapter powerd usb-hub.
    I got the same noisy sound trough my speakers as my headphone (chanels a and b). The sound also stays the same when i listen to Itunes, so i dont think it has anything to do with Traktor...

Help
    This may be a ground loop. I have the same issue using the Audio 2 with external monitors. Try running laptop on battery power.

I just picked up one of these. Works great.
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062214
    I got the idea from Karloshttp://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...ht=ground+loop
    Last edited by mtvstinks; 10-09-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Tech Wizard

It doenst seem to make any difference when i run my laptop on battery power... The Audio 2 also gives the sign only channel A (my stereo) is working and my headphone aint.. (using Itunes right now)

really dont get it...

Tech Wizard

turning up my latency in traktor does effect my sound quality in a possitive way. But it still crackles.. when i exit traktor the soundcards keeps stuttering sound... like a crashing pc...
    Outside traktor in Itunes for excample the sound is still awfull (because i cant change the latency in osx off course)

This soundcards is really working on my nerves..
    Last edited by schaap; 10-10-2009 at 09:23 AM.

Are you using ASIO drivers? If not then try that (also with iTunes)

Tech Wizard

well i installed the drivers which came with the Audio 2 DJ. When i google for asio drivers for mac osx i cant find none... Is it possible to switch drivers on a mac?

Tech Wizard

the sound/the crackling stays the same with my laptops power plugged in or out, so i can assume i don't have ground loop problem??

try these drivers: http://co.native-instruments.com/?id=freeupdates
    look for audio2dj/mac

also you may need a ferrite on ur usb cable to stop any nozie ur getting/
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast