afxz' Essentials. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post
    The 92 as well as many other Xone models have insane headroom. I actually use the M447's (with Serato) which are known have increased output volume...very interesting. I actually own the 92 Rotary. The only issue I really have is how loud the cueing (button) system is. I have had to resort to using the aux1/aux2 at times to cue. The loudness with the cueing button throws off the master mix. I should mention I mix 99.99% in my headphones.
    Hmm, not sure what you mean about the cueing system being too loud? I have HD-25's with the standard cable and occasionally a Cardas cable (which is much louder and much more detailed). Cueing system works fine for me. One thing I have noticed is that the Cueing 'mix' is leans way heavier on what is being cued than the overall mix. On my Xone 42, at 12 o' clock the cue:mix ratio would be roughly 50%. But on the 92 you have to turn the 'mix' dial all the way to 75-80% to be able to hear the overall mix in your headphones clearly. Is this maybe what you are talking about?

Besides, how do you cue using your aux1/2? At the moment I have all my spare RCA's tied up to my desktop audio system, so I haven't had much chance to play around with the Aux send/return.

On a similar note - does anyone know any ways I'd be able to get my PC audio output running on the X92's 2 Mic/Return channels? Obviously the Xone 42 I had before had a digital/USB channel which ran direct. Wondering if there are any ways (or cables) I can use to get my PC's 3.5mm stereo outs into the X92's hefty mic ports.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by afxz View Post
    Hmm, not sure what you mean about the cueing system being too loud? I have HD-25's with the standard cable and occasionally a Cardas cable (which is much louder and much more detailed). Cueing system works fine for me. One thing I have noticed is that the Cueing 'mix' is leans way heavier on what is being cued than the overall mix. On my Xone 42, at 12 o' clock the cue:mix ratio would be roughly 50%. But on the 92 you have to turn the 'mix' dial all the way to 75-80% to be able to hear the overall mix in your headphones clearly. Is this maybe what you are talking about?

Besides, how do you cue using your aux1/2? At the moment I have all my spare RCA's tied up to my desktop audio system, so I haven't had much chance to play around with the Aux send/return.

On a similar note - does anyone know any ways I'd be able to get my PC audio output running on the X92's 2 Mic/Return channels? Obviously the Xone 42 I had before had a digital/USB channel which ran direct. Wondering if there are any ways (or cables) I can use to get my PC's 3.5mm stereo outs into the X92's hefty mic ports.

Yes, when I turn the cue knob all the way to the right, the volume is amplified by a few db it seems. It doesn't seem to be 50-50 to me. However, that is why I make use of the AUX most of the times. I have the Aux 1 turned up at around 3 o'clock on the top row, Aux 2 turned up around 2 o'clock on the bottom row. This was when I press the aux1 or aux2 in the cueing section, I can hear a 60/40 mix in stereo. It is pretty neat, and I use this feature a ton. If you need me to take pictures let me know. I will post it on my setup thread.

Tech Mentor

I said in my original post that I had some 'goals' for the next 12 months... well, here they are!

Pair of Shure Whitelabels on the way, also!

Think I shall complete my new IKEA build with Adam A7X speakers in December. Working to a tight schedule!
    Last edited by afxz; 09-20-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Tech Mentor

I love seeing other people's xone92s...haha. nice again.

Tech Mentor

I love seeing other people's xone92s...haha. nice again.
    Sexiest mixer of all time

Tech Mentor

Sexiest mixer of all time

My xone92...rotaried up!

Tech Mentor

I really like the matching fascias! Neat idea.

The rotary is beautiful

Tech Mentor

I really like the matching fascias! Neat idea.

The rotary is beautiful
    TY. Didn't mean to bomb/derail the thread. Praise be to your X92. I just wanted to show you mine...haha.

Tech Mentor

TY. Didn't mean to bomb/derail the thread. Praise be to your X92. I just wanted to show you mine...haha.
    It's fine... I'll show you mine if you show me yours :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12