EQ Kills - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EQ Kills

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    Really? There are a fair few mixers do have full kill on the EQ.

For instance my Xone:22 does.
    Was more of a pun. It reminded me of headline in a news paper e.g "CIGARETTES KILLS" My mixer has full EQ kill.

To OP: it's not really important to have full kill EQs
    http://www.mixcloud.com/Olsgaard/
    House/Techno Dj from Denmark

Behringer EQ, eurgh horrible, I used to hate the curve on the eq on my old one, only made a difference when it was nearly all the way down.

EQ on the xone is lovely, and do like the EQ on eclers as well.
    Lol yeah I saw a two channel the other day from Behringer and it had the kill switches on the front where our 22's have the mic controls... Looked and felt so damn shaky.

Really? There are a fair few mixers do have full kill on the EQ.

For instance my Xone:22 does.
    What's the 22 like? I've read some awful reports about their build quality and durability.

Tech Mentor

EQ kill is actually on most mixers.

my Denon doesn't have switches or buttons, but when my EQ knobs are all the way to the left, that band is "killed" and having it isn't a deal breaker for me. Although i would rather have the ability to "kill" or damn near kill the band via a knob, than having a button. 24dB is plenty of attenuation

Tech Guru

My Denon goes to -40 dB.

Took me a while to get used to it. Going to 9 o clock is pretty much turning it off completely.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Quote Originally Posted by 45Live View Post
    What's the 22 like? I've read some awful reports about their build quality and durability.
    The mixer is amazing outside of the fact it has a small pop when you trigger the filter per channel. I just leave mine on so I never have to deal with it.

Build quality is strong and the sound output is like any other Xone.

Plus I plug and unplug A LOT, and I also run my audio through it when I'm producing... It's a good mixer for the price in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    The mixer is amazing outside of the fact it has a small pop when you trigger the filter per channel. I just leave mine on so I never have to deal with it.

Build quality is strong and the sound output is like any other Xone.

Plus I plug and unplug A LOT, and I also run my audio through it when I'm producing... It's a good mixer for the price in my opinion.
    It sounds like a great unit. I'm just a little worried that I'd be one of the unlucky ones/

iv got eq kill buttons on my controller (hercules rmx2) and i really don't use them. by the time i would want to kill a particular eq it would really make a difference as the new track iv been mixing in is in full swing. i guess there are some cool tricks you could try to explore with kills but its nothing a twist of an eq knob doesn't really do for the most part
    Hercules RMX 2 Traktor Kontrol F1
    Check out my F1 hot cue mapping https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/1376

with practise you can get the manual eq kill trick down. or do what i do and use the kill in traktor in combo with my mixer
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Full eq kill isn't really necessary, just a preference as others have said and cutting 24 out of the bass should be plenty of room for a new track to sit in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12