MIDI fighter or NI F1 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So because I'm not sure if my post was saved I write it again.

at first to my setup: I have 2 turntables, a analog mixer, a usb soundcard and Traktor running on my Laptop.
    Things like cuepoints and loops I control over my Keyboard but that is not like I think it should be. I think the keyboard is quiet good for browsing and searching tracks but that's it.
    So I want a controller to control cuepoints, loops, effects (which I can't control yet) and also for the Remix Decks when I upgrade to traktor 2.5 (I have Traktor Scratch Duo yet).

I asked if you could help me because, I like the creative way you can use and map the MF3D, It is amazing what you can do with it with the right mapping. But I don't no if it is more a little extra and that the X1 would be better to buy first.

points for the x1 and MF3D

both can be mapped to traktor, but the x1 integration is tight.
    you can map the buttons of both to remix decks.

although if you want just plug and play, its best that you get the x1 mk 2 first before getting the MF3D. as you will get more controls out of the box to get started.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

So today I was in the shop to test both the X1 and the MF3D, but they doesn't have the MF3D Software so I can't map it :/ but I think it helps a lot because I thought about the controls that the X1 have and what I would use it for and that are FX, cuepoints and loops because I use two Turntables with Timecode for beatmatching and Play and Pause. For these things I would use it for I think the MF3D can do it just as well as the X1 and FX of course way better/more creative.

Tech Convert

My two-cents..

I have a Spectra and an F1 and I'm using them to control Ableton - one of the biggest drawbacks with the Spectra is the lack of useful LED feedback - if there's an easy way of mapping LED feedback I have yet to find it.. my Spectra flashes when i touch it but doesn't stay lit if something is active or in toggle mode - it's not great so I'm using it mainly for triggering momentary effects and other stuff.

The F1 is much better in this regard and the midi mode and controller editor utility are very easy to use and instantaneously update the functionality of the F1.

The MF Utility is ok not great - I don't know why there can't be an obvious status indicator showing which mapping you have loaded, stuff like that.. and the other options for bank buttons, momentary CCs, etc are not very clear.

People may disagree with me but with a very complicated set-up, whole bunch of midi-controllers, mappings, etc every little bit of clarity is very valuable and everything that is a little bit vague breeds mystery and insecurity in the set-up..

I'm leaning toward buying another F1 just cos it's been a breeze to use and so far has been 100% reliable, remembers my mapping and comes online instantly when i power up..

The Midifighter is a cool little device but be aware that it requires some work to get it working the way you want it to and if you're not into tweaking and searching forums for mappings, updates, fixes it can be very frustrating - it's a bit like ordering a steak and it arrives raw.

Some people will probably take issue with that but without LED feedback it feels like it's only half-working

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12