Ableton 8 & Xone DX Mapper
    Tech Wizard

Default Ableton 8 & Xone DX Mapper

Hello all,

Am wanting to setup my Xone DX with Ableton 8. I got all teh basic function map already (Wich was quite easy) but for the more Advance stuff am struggling. Id like to map the lights on the DX and also get the jog well working as pitch bend / scroll like in Traktor or Itch.

Well my goal is to get pretty much everything working like in Traktor but in Ableton.

Thanks for the help

Cid K

why?

pitch bending, for example, in ableton is pointless.

If you want to bend ableton into being like traktor, why not just use traktor?

Tech Wizard

I was just pointing out some stuff i wanted to map. Would be too long to post everything, but if you can't help or point out in the good direction that wont be any of help either dont you think...

Of course Pitch Bend would be pointless, what about scroll & fast forward ? So that you can check what you will be playing next. How to map the lights ? (Master Volume Meter Led's, Chanal Led's, Play/Pause Led's)

How to map the FX Section with the FX in Ableton, do i need to have 1 FX Rack per chanal i want to have FX ?

Thanks for the help..

Cid K

you can scrub through tracks fairly easily…look at a clip…in midi map mode, there's a white box that shows up. you map it to a continuous controller, and you can scrub through the track.

But, it follows selection, so having more than 1 of them doesn't work.

Tech Wizard

No one ever though of mapping the Xone DX with Ableton ??