Elektrix midi mappig help please???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Elektrix midi mappig help please???

Hey guys LibertyCapz here. Okay so I have a really big gig coming up here in Nebraska July 3rd and I decided i really want to bring my Elektrix Tweaker with me and use it beside my ol' trusty APC40 in Traktor Pro 2. The Tweaker is being mapped to handle Loop and Cue controls. I have Loop move and Size selectors on each knob for Decks A&B. And the button grid is split down the middle for Cues. Im trying to get all the LED's to light up correctly for the Cue types on each hotcue.

But for some reason after i mapped out all the commands for deck A for the Cue and MIDI outs to assign the Hot cues & Cue types to each color (ALL 128 OF THEM) I started to duplicate each command for Deck B, got them all assigned to the right buttons just to come to find out that when i would try to enter a cue point(say a loop type) the LED would not light up. But if i did the same thing on Deck A it would work. I also noticed that they also would not update when a new track was loaded, and when one track was loaded into deck A and another in Deck B there were some LED's that would go out for no apparent reason, and would only correct itself when the same track was duplicated into the opposite deck.

Any ideas on how fix this? Ive read about needing to add send monitor state commands in that chain but could never find a clear answer on how to set this up properly. Would that be the issue? Everything works how it should with just Deck A mapped but when I added Deck B it got complicated. If anyone out there is willing to give me the crash course I would be so grateful. Thank you!!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Must be some mapping issue... Tweaker is based on Livid brain and far as I can tell, they properly refresh cue outputs in traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Must be some mapping issue... Tweaker is based on Livid brain and far as I can tell, they properly refresh cue outputs in traktor.
    Hmmm Okay. Ive noticed the Tweaker is much simpler to map LEDs in than my APC40 but this one is giving me a headache

Ive reset the Tweaker to its default settings in the Editor software. And double checked all the commands were in the right spots, i just dont understand why it acts like it does.

Im gonna write out all the commands mapped the best i can for Hotcue 1 since it is identical to the rest. If you see something out of place let me know.

Starts with your regular "select/set and store hotcue" command. No invert, and no modifiers attatched.
    Then Midi Out > Hotcue 1 Type > (Mod)Hotcue 1 state > Deck A (CR -1/-1 MR 0/0)
    Midi Out > Hotcue 1 Type > (Mod)Hotcue 1 state > Deck A (CR 0/0 MR 0/62)
    Midi Out > Hotcue 1 Type > (Mod)Hotcue 1 state > Deck A (CR 1/1 MR 0/15)
    Midi Out > Hotcue 1 Type > (Mod)Hotcue 1 state > Deck A (CR 2/2 MR 0/15)
    Midi Out > Hotcue 1 Type > (Mod)Hotcue 1 state > Deck A (CR 3/3 MR 0/126)
    Midi Out > Hotcue 1 Type > (Mod)Hotcue 1 state > Deck A (CR 4/4 MR 0/127)
    Midi Out > Hotcue 1 Type > (Mod)Hotcue 1 state > Deck A (CR 5/5 MR 0/127)

Now according to everything ive read so far that should work. And it does, but not when both decks get mapped out. Any help please?,

Would you have any idea on how to correct this? Is there anything a novice Midi mapper might be missing? Any heis greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your input, I see it now... You should use -1 / 5 for controller range. That's how each hotcue state is transmit in one signal. Then use hotcue type modifier to set unique color for all states.

I use this values for my Livid stuff:

empty = 0
    cue = 7 (lite blue)
    fade in/out = 20 (red)
    load = 77 (yellow)
    grid = 1 (white)
    loop = 127 (green)

For further reference. Would be good if you can confirm if tweaker uses the same values or not.

I'm testing this right now and you're correct that the method you have described doesn't work properly with a CNTRLR. Probably one of commands that traktor read only in 127 (Fh).

Thanks for your input, I see it now... You should use -1 / 5 for controller range. That's how each hotcue state is transmit in one signal. Then use hotcue type modifier to set unique color for all states.

I use this values for my Livid stuff:

empty = 0
    cue = 7 (lite blue)
    fade in/out = 20 (red)
    load = 77 (yellow)
    grid = 1 (white)
    loop = 127 (green)

For further reference. Would be good if you can confirm if tweaker uses the same values or not.

I'm testing this right now and you're correct that the method you have described doesn't work properly with a CNTRLR. Probably one of commands that traktor read only in 127 (Fh).
    This is how mine is set up
    MR 0/0) Empty
    MR 0/62) Light Blue for Cue
    MR 0/15) Yellow for Fade In
    MR 0/15) Yellow for Fade Out
    MR 0/126) Pink for Load
    MR 0/127) Green for Loops
    No Invert No Blend

Should I try to set Deck A controls to Channel 1 and Deck B controls to Channel 2? Would that make a difference?

Ok - so it appears that MR value range for Tweaker is different then Livid controllers.
    Setting up different channel for each deck shouldn't make any difference since this hotcue command is supposed to work properly for both decks in the same MIDI channel anyways.

Can you please share your mapping? - I might want to take a look before going much further in to this issue.

Okay cool, its been driving me mad for weeks. Its just so weird that it works on one deck and not the other. Hotcue 2 on Deck B seems to be having the biggest issue. Im going to attach the mapping I'm working on, and then the one of the "official" Traktor mappings for the Tweaker. which has the same thing im going for on the bottom 2 rows of the button grid. But ive tried to sort of debug and sort out the mappings when i compare them, and the official Traktor mapping has a load of modifiers and only 2 sets of hotcue types instead of 7 hotcue type commands for each hotcue like i have on mine. And when i click on one of the commands(hotcue type) it shows that there are no other commands mapped to that button/note, which seems weird to me. But everything is on 16 different channels so i really dont know whats going on , but it works perfectly. I get confused with modifiers shortly after mapping a simple shift button.

Ive tried to delete everything that is seemingly not associated with the hotcue type functions, and then export to a new mapping and add my own stuff, you know tried to mish mash the 2, but it never works out. All those modifiers that appear to be mapped to nothing is the obstacle i think. It may be too advanced for my level but i gotta learn sometime ive got a bone to pick with it, so im gonna see it out. lawl!

TweakerMap.tsi

Keep in mind this is not a finished product. There may be some weird stuff going on.

And heres the official Traktor map which might help.
    02 - Controller - Electrix - Tweaker.tsi

EDIT: Oh and I should add that all of the settings are set to default in the Tweaker Editor software except the encoders which are set to absolute i think, and the same wit the LED rings. Only way i could get the encoders to work with my loop move commands. But all the other buttons and whatnot are default.
    Last edited by LibertyCapz; 07-22-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Yups, my suspicions were accurate. Your controller range values were not properly set...
    I've did some editing to your file and hopefully fixed some bugs that you had with Deck B.

TweakerMap_CUE_fix.zip

Fingers crossed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast