Allen & Heath DX ...? - Page 5
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jonparker View Post
    Not sure if you guys realise but I'm pretty sure by 20 channel sound card, they're referring to mono ins and outs

e.g. (likely) 4 pairs of stereo inputs (8), 4 pairs of stereo outs (8 more) and some digital ins and outs I guess

Some sort of cross between the Xone 2D and 4D soundcards
    Aye. That one bit me in the arse when I picked up a MOTU Ultralite... advertised as 20 1/4" jacks, was assuming I was getting 20 stereo... wrong, it was 20 mono. Or whatever the actual number was. Fantastic soundcard tho... served me well til I traded it in for Traktor.

need more details/patience (:

m.
    mixes at: http://soundcloud.com/psylozen

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but learning how to dance in the rain."

* Includes a full Version of Itch software...
    Meaning that if you own Traktor Pro you need to pay for the Serato licence to use it...
    Guess it will be sold first as a bundle then later maybe just the controller...
    Last edited by lourma; 09-30-2009 at 05:02 PM.

Tech Mentor

Default A&h dx

Would it kill A&H to have an endless rotary encoder that ACCUALLY had LED feedback....Or hey...here's an idea....ummm pitch faders perhaps?

And while were at it....whats with the black buttons found on ALL of A&H units (including DX) that are impossible to see in the dark, and have no LED feedback.

I can spot 12 Buttons that have no LED and 7 endless rotarys that have no LED....

No EQ Kill buttons? unless its built into the EQ knob (like the VCI having two different CC messages on one fader knob) but I highly doubt it.

And please God let those NOT be "Rubber Buttons" I see....
    Last edited by thictool; 09-30-2009 at 05:56 PM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by thictool View Post
    Would it kill A&H to have an endless rotary encoder that ACCUALLY had LED feedback....Or hey...here's an idea....ummm pitch faders perhaps?
    Pitch fader... Er I like the rotary idea. Either that or they would need four pitch faders for each deck. (Soft takeover is a pain in the arse) Also look beside the jog wheels. The light seems to indicate the current pitch. I think it's an awesome idea!

Quote Originally Posted by thictool View Post
    No EQ Kill buttons?
    I don't believe controllers need to have EQ kills. Pioneer don't use them and neither does the Xone range. I think EQ should be blended rather than just simplty cut (personal preference of course)

My issues are. What is the price going to be on this 20 channel beastie. (I am thinking up to £1000 (I hope i'm suprised)

Also I like Allen and Heath's 4 band EQ. Has using Itch meant they have been forced to use a 3 band eq again? (A shame as traktor supports a 4 band eq)

This controller will be awesome and super stable because its ITCH but does anyone else think it looks SHIT ???

Tech Wizard

on decks.co.uk this is isted for £1099!!!

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/digi..._heath/Xone_DX

Quote Originally Posted by karlos santos View Post
    yeah that would be a huge plus point . If it had a 'booth' output as well as headphone and master id be as happy as a pig in shit.

If they came out with a statement that the sound card was similar to the quality of the 4d or audio 8 it would probably up the price a bit maybe around the 700quid mark but it would still be worth a good look.

Shh i think my vci is getting jealous
    20 channels!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Higher-res pic here for anyone who wants to see the controls in more detail:

http://www.decks.co.uk/ImageGenerato...w=14320&h=9800

Shame about the standard rotaries (as opposed to endless encoders + LEDs) for the FX units as this means no easy way to use all 4 units in TP 1.2 (without soft takeover).

Other than that looks pretty cool and hopefully has some decent LED feedback too.

I recon I'll be waiting to have a play with one before I reach for the credit card though...
    MacBook, Senn. HD25 II, Traktor Pro, Xone:2D + X-Session Pro
    New Ableton Live 8

jonparker.co.uk | soundcloud.com/jonparker | @jonparkeruk

I like it. A lot. A WHOLE lot.

Tech Wizard

Does anyone know if it's purley a midi controller/sound card or if the mixer unit is analouge/standalone? My chain of thought is: what happens if your computer were to crash? Would the mixer section of the unit still function?
    (For fast playback of a new song from your mp3 player/other comp/cd)

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast