Allen & Heath DX ...? - Page 39
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by bsmack View Post
    I just didn't envision the majority of people owning this unit wanting to hit it between the play/pause and cue buttons to count beats.
    Yes tapping between the Play & Cue buttons makes the problem happen....AS WELL AS....(wait for it....) tapping on just about any other part of the surface of the unit.

I own 2 DX's and both have the problem as well as every other unit I have tryed in AMERICAN stores (about 7 & counting not including my 2).

Its not exceptable IMO....not for the cost and PRO level staus this unit boasts.

Im not asking for buttons that have magical super powers or anything....I just want buttons that act like buttons found on any other midi controller on the market, ya know like....buttons that dont engage or dis-engage themself's for any other reason besides actually hitting them.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by thictool View Post
    Yes tapping between the Play & Cue buttons makes the problem happen....AS WELL AS....(wait for it....) tapping on just about any other part of the surface of the unit.

I own 2 DX's and both have the problem as well as every other unit I have tryed in AMERICAN stores (about 7 & counting not including my 2).

Its not exceptable IMO....not for the cost and PRO level staus this unit boasts.

Im not asking for buttons that have magical super powers or anything....I just want buttons that act like buttons found on any other midi controller on the market, ya know like....buttons that dont engage or dis-engage themself's for any other reason besides actually hitting them.
    I'm not denying that there is a problem with these units. There is a problem with them. There's a problem with MINE. Unfortunately when you buy fresh consumer electronic technology out of the gate like we did problems are bound to pop up. I'm a tech junkie and I don't remember the last time I bought something that was bleeding edge tech and didn't have any sort of issue that wasn't solved until after release.

I guess it's partially my fault for expecting people to be calm about these things, but unfortunately people go nuts, as clearly demonstrated here when things aren't perfect. A&H knows there is an issue and I'm sure it'll just be a matter of time before the US authorized repair centers get the parts to fix it. It's not even officially out here yet so just relax, hit something else to count beats, and keep mixing.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Vly View Post
    Anyone know whether the units being sold now (US for me) are affected? I want to get myself one ASAP but hope I can get one from the newer batch.
    last i heard from Allen and Heath is that the new batch with stiffer buttons will not arrive in US until the next scheduled shipment which is like August

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com...tch?sku=584639

there was one on ebay a few days a go that someone was selling that had already been shipped to UK and has the new buttons.. donno if it's still there

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839