Allen & Heath DX ...? - Page 11
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by istrateo View Post
    I would bet that the mixer is in fact the same as the one in Xone 3D/4D. That means the mixer is analogue, you will be mixing "externally", the volume faders & EQ are "real", they do not send midi signals.

This is very good because the overall sound quality is better when you mix externally using a good analogue mixer.
    No this is not true....I do know for a fact that the faders are midi capable.

Tech Mentor

Default A&H XONE DX Video

Here's a Video Breakdown of the A&H XONE DX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZuqp6Z42rA
    Last edited by thictool; 10-13-2009 at 04:21 PM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by thictool View Post
    Here's a Video Breakdown of the A&H XONE DX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZuqp6Z42rA

Saw this last week, this seems to be ONLY video I can find anywhere online. There seems to not really be any new info around at all since the launch, you'd think there'd be a bunch of stuff to promote it if the release is November, like reviews and stuff popping up at least? If anyone comes across anymore videos or in-depth articles on the DX please post.

Tech Mentor

Default Xone DX Size

Just learned the Xone DX Size dimensions are 15" by 14" by 2" (Inches)

I just got this info from A&H:

We are going to be launching it January

USA MAP/street price will be $1299

Tech Convert

January?!?! First it was late October, then November, then December... now January. I hate product launches. I see the price on most of the websites from the UK has reduced to around £999 (down from £1,099) but even £999 is around $1,600 so may be worthwhile waiting and ordering from the US to save some money.

Did you get this info from A&H direct? Was it a newsletter or what?

I just emailed A&H off their website and that was my response. If you notice, he says, "street price" of $1299....probably retailing around that $1600 number.

The person supplying me the info was:

Michael Palmer
    Allen & Heath National Sales Manager
    http://www.allen-heath.com/us
    American Music and Sound
    Ph. 818-597-7711 xt 3514
    Fx. 818.597.0411
    Allen & Heath, Turbosound, Wharfedale Pro, Nord, Novation, Focusrite,
    Vestax, KV2, Hagstrom, Jay Turser, QuickLok, Studiologic, Profile

I recently sold my pair of cdjs1000, kept my djm 800 and bought a Xone 1d and a 2d.
    At the time, I thougth also to buy instead a 4d but in the end I didn't want to spend that kind of money for a piece of new gear (and wanted to check on I could master correctly both 1d and 2d).

After some weeks of using them now I'll probably sell all the above to buy a DX (which I've already preorder, seems I'll get it before X-mas).

The decision came from the following:
    - I don't want an external soundcard so having a built-in one in a piece of gear is nice
    - I don't really need an analog mixer anymore
    - 4 decks control and 4 channels (I must admit I'm a "more buttons and knobs available" whore so yes the dx offers a 4 decks control and even if it's not perfect as such as I'll have to switch layers it's still one of the best choice for the time being it seems)
    - it weights less than a 4d and has been thought to be 'carryable' (well in a sense) and I just have to plug it on any other mixer if I have to play outside). I hate having to plug multiple cables.
    - of course, I'm not fond of the A&H jogwheels but after using them a bit on my current stuff I could deal with them
    - it seems it will feel 'professional' (didn't touch it yet but knowing A&h products Im' confident): it's a weird term and by that I mean there too many controllers out there that do look and feel like plastic toys (to be honest that includes the VCI100 - that's a subjective opinion once again so please let me have it we don't have to take "sides" you know so there's no offence here intended - even if I regognize some nice features on the Vestax products...and arcade buttons eventually which is just an awesome idea).
    - I have the budget (or will)
    - it has a major thing over a 4d, it has led feedback on many buttons (a huge lack on the 1d and 2d)

After searching around I don't see any other product that could be a better choice than the DX in my view/needs so if anyone has a better suggestion that I'm not aware of, please share it I'm really interested.

Looks like PSSL is expecting these next week!

http://tiny.cc/0thfL

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfyre View Post
    Looks like PSSL is expecting these next week!

http://tiny.cc/0thfL
    you trust that?
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast