trance classifications - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Another good way to group them is by Key. I have them categorized as Melodic, Vocal and Progressive. I also have smart lists that sort them by key and another one for the newer tracks.
    Last edited by Cliffm; 09-21-2009 at 09:01 AM.

i think there is a clear distinction between trance and psy trance but thats it.
    Trance you can be like, well it's good but the bassline is lacking, psytrance always has a sharp kicking bassline, ALWAYS.
    if something was a bit progressive trance i'd just call it progressive, to the point that it's a bit housey then instead of calling it progressive house i'd just call it house.

this eurotrance some of you speak of, i solely classify as cheese

holy crap i'm drunk,
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Quote Originally Posted by Wuz View Post
    cheese
    words of wisdom
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Sorry for reviving the ancient thread (dusting off cobwebs & stuffs from the old box) i'm bored at work, and the search tool is working efficiently!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    Good idea. Also grouping by bpm and "phatness" can help, regardless of genre
    A good advise, i've been doing this for the last 5 years since collecting EDM mp3s. created folders like singles (for stuffs i won't play after the 1st listen), top proggy (stuff range from 120 - 135bpm, groovy basslines...mostly progressive), uplifting (range 135 up to 140bpm with distinctive basliness & melody), hard stuff for anything above 140bpm, other genres for 'normal' music.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12