Max One's Set Up Evolution
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Max One's Set Up Evolution

Alright folks, here it is!

CURRENT SET UP (**UPDATE NOV 2013**):

Technics 1200s / DJM 900 / X1 / X1 mk2 / Akai MPK Mini / KRK VXT4s / ZOOM H4N recorder / Sennheiser hd25

EVOLUTION OF MY SET UP

Me at 19 yrs old in bedroom

Had Final Scratch then Serato with Technicss 1210s and Pioneer DJM600 in between this and getting Traktor but never took pics. Sold 1210s cause id had em for years and they were pretty battered and got VCI-100. This was about 2009. I also then discovered DJTT.

Got inspired to do arcade mod.

Missed playing vinyl so got one deck. And brought out my old djm 600

Got Audio 10 with Traktor Scratch and DJM 800

Built Ikea DJ Booth and bought DJM 900 and extra bits (see top of thread)

Last edited by MaxOne; 12-08-2013 at 04:50 PM.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Max setup bro!

Nice setup! Quality pics you got there
    TSP2|MFSPECTRA|TECHNICS1200MK2/M3D|WIN764BIT
    MASCHINESTUDIO|KNTRLZ2|KNTRLX1MK2|KNTRLF1|DICERS|V-MODA

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I love this thread. I remember that old pic of you from some years back.

I also remember you modding your VCI cus you were trying to convince me to do the same but I would have soldered my eye to a jogwheel or worse. You did a great job.

How you liking the PL-1..? I like it. I want another to go with the MM1 to make a Behringer S4

Schalenberg

WOW! Beautiful setup, Max.

Tech Mentor

Holy crap man, that's my dream setup you have there. A pair of 1200's, the DJM-900, KRK's, Ikea Exepedit filled with nice Vinyl, damn.

Respect

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I love this thread. I remember that old pic of you from some years back.

I also remember you modding your VCI cus you were trying to convince me to do the same but I would have soldered my eye to a jogwheel or worse. You did a great job.

How you liking the PL-1..? I like it. I want another to go with the MM1 to make a Behringer S4
    Cheers chaps!

Ha, yeah nice one man! I do remember having that chat with you about the arcade mod... I was actually tearing my hear our doing it too tbh my missus was like "oh yeah i remember when you did that and you were shouting 'fuuuuu***%^%kkkk"

Initial impression of the PL-1 are very good. I really like having jogs and a real mixer. I haven't tweaked the mapping yet or tried Stewe's which looks v cool but build wise it's decent.

Not 100 % sure how comfortable i'm using just one PL-1 and swapping decks so might get another.. or if the X1 mkii is real, maybe swap it out for a couple of those... dunno yet. I mean am perfectly comfortable just using the x1 on its own but wanted something for my mates to play on too, if they havent got TSP2 just TP2.

I need to use it for a bit and give it a real chance. i couldn't loose the x1 cause the browsing on it is good and I just love it tbh.

I'm loving the DJM900, sound quality is awesome and i just do like the feel of it and the Traktor Cert-ness of it and the FX, though a little heavy handed, i do like. Post fader echo is still my fave and even though you can do it on traktor int the djm just feels better than my s2 or even the z1 imo. And the filters, although not as "warm" as Xone still sound better than traktor's int to me... though i have those mapped to my X1 to for filter variety anyway Glad I got an ebay bargain too.

But yeah i must say im finally pretty satisfied RGAS wise... which is nice.

Though I do still want maschine and komplete 9 hahah
    Last edited by MaxOne; 07-04-2013 at 04:17 AM.
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

Awesome set up! I always like when people have clean desk space and not too much wire mess And I really like how the white EXPIDIT looks, it would also look good with white monitors Great job putting it together!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrotix View Post
    Awesome set up! I always like when people have clean desk space and not too much wire mess And I really like how the white EXPIDIT looks, it would also look good with white monitors Great job putting it together!
    Thanks, I think the white looks decent. Dark wood can be a bit oppressive I find sometimes...

And I hear you on white monitors... they would be nice! Maybe down the line...

I was tempted to get white skins for my x1 and djm900 but then i thought too much white would look a bit ...OTT.

I quite like the contrast of black gear on white too

How does the ikea furniture hold up to the weight?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast