Is an internet connection needed to switch firmware on a spectra?

Default Is an internet connection needed to switch firmware on a spectra?

Hello all! Just got a midi fighter specta a few days ago and I am pleased with my purchase. I went to my girlfriend's place last night, download the utility, updated the firmware and switched to the remix deck firmware. All is good and dandy controlling the remix decks, but since I got home (no internet) it won't let me switch the firmware back. Do I need an internet connection tio switch between firmware?
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

So I tried my phones mobile hotspot and it worked! I guess t-mobile decided to let me use it again. Anyways, the utility connected to the internet and I was able to swap firmware. So I guess that answers that question. But also makes me wonder why djtt decided to go that route. I would think it would be better to grab a file and flash that way.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Hi there,
    Can someone tell me if there is any way to change the firmware, standard <> Remix, without the internet connection. I would appreciate it when I can change the firmware at any time without concerning if an internet connection is available!
    Thanx!