Building a custom console...NEED HELP - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

you should get a regular core kit as kaleaf said. You wont need a specific pic since you are only using one core module also leave the header blank. Your project looks great, where did you order your parts btw? I ordered mine from avishowtech and its been more then a month since he has some stuff backordered.

I wanted to bump this because we did not hear back from SOLO, he might have got the wrong part

also juanSOLO see my post on your thread at midibox forum about parts
    Last edited by kaleaf; 10-16-2009 at 06:45 PM.

Tech Mentor

I finally got my Core 32 Kit, 2 AIN Kits, 2 DIN kits, and 2 DOUT kits from avishowtech.

SHEESH it took over a month to get it. I was worried for a bit. I wrote the guy a couple emails and NO RESPONSE??? Eventually I got an email saying the stuff had shipped.

So now I am back on the grind, gonna build this prioject.

Seems like I get lost everytime I go to some of these web sites. MidiBox, ucapps, etc. It's like a wormhole of information.

What I really need help with is a good video guide or something instructional on putting all these parts together. Any pointers would be great!

Tech Mentor

yeah, i had to wait close to 2 monthes for mine. I bought 2 kits just in case.

The information is spread out and its really is a wormhole, you can end up going in a loop for a while lol.

If you need help soldering the cores. http://www.avishowtech.com/mbhp/info.html is the best place to look. Just go to the module you need and it'll show the schematics. If you need anything else you just shoot me a pm.

Tech Mentor

Thanks MAN!

The only thing I didn't get, and having a hard time deciding on is the LCD screen. I have seen a bunch of different ones and read WAY more than I actually understand about them.

Any thoughts on an LCD? I really dont need anything elaborate, but it would be nice to eventually have a visual feedback like I get with my Novation.

Tech Mentor

hmm, i never had an lcd, so i cant help you out there.I would go on the midibox forum and do a search. Thats how i got most of my information.

Tech Mentor

OK, thanks.

I am making a shopping list for some other things I need. What I dont really understand is the Power Supply. Are they referring to like a 9v wall plug or something? Or is it something else?

Sounds silly, but I feel like I don't get the "power supply" part.

Tech Mentor

just get a wall wart that supplies 9v. and then a socket. Mouser.com is where i got my supply. The socket i got from curiousinventer.com

BTW there is no polarity when you hook the socket to the core module. so dont worry about that. I spent a good hour searching for that answer lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12