Traktor Z1 - Page 3
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Traktor Z1

Tech Guru

It's just a MIDI mixer with built-in two channel sound card. Use it how you like.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Volpe View Post
    well it does look really nice, but the only place i can see this being used is when you play somewhere where they don't have a mixer installes. not really needed since i can already just bring my x1s (and soundcard if they don't have a pio-mixer at the venue, wich is what there is most of the time) and be good to go.
    or am i missing something really important here?
    also, not enough buttons to be remapped as a 2-channel midi controller...
    You are indeed missing something. For $199, there's NO excuse for every club not to have one of these. Which means more and more people will be using Traktor.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Guru

It's a plastic MIDI controller. Clubs won't be picking these up.

You can achieve the same setup with an Audio 2/equivalent when at a club anyway.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    It's a plastic MIDI controller. Clubs won't be picking these up.

You can achieve the same setup with an Audio 2/equivalent when at a club anyway.
    We get it. You don't like MIDI controllers.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    You are indeed missing something. For $199, there's NO excuse for every club not to have one of these. Which means more and more people will be using Traktor.
    I don't know what clubs you play at but there is almost no chance any club would buy one of these. It's definitely a cool as hell product but you won't see clubs adopting this as their installed gear.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    We get it. You don't like MIDI controllers.
    No, if you got it....it would say "We get it, not everyone uses midi controllers"

This is not revolutionary by any means. The shift that I see taking place is not so much the actual product, but the expansion of the iPad app.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

Once the Ipad app allows me to use a mixer like a DJM900 for 4 channel control and allows me to run tracks off an external harddrive, then I'd totally make the shift to ipad DJing.

Till then it's CDJs or maybe XDJr1..... So sick of bringing a computer to shows

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    Once the Ipad app allows me to use a mixer like a DJM900 for 4 channel control and allows me to run tracks off an external harddrive, then I'd totally make the shift to ipad DJing.

Till then it's CDJs or maybe XDJr1..... So sick of bringing a computer to shows
    It's not aimed at clubs.

The big thing holding the app back is lack of external storage though. Although, I'm not sure why I would ever need to bring more than a few gigs of music anywhere other than a wedding.

Tech Guru

I think the lack of MIDI transport controllers holds it back more than storage. An updated class compliant X1 would be a nice addition/accompaniment to the Z1.

Tech Mentor

it's just easier to keep your music all in one spot as opposed to having to worry about a storage limitation. if i have to limit myself to say 16gb or buy some crazy expensive ipad just to bring a decent amount of music it sucks. If I'm limited to 16gb that means I have to go into my library and make playlists for every single gig as opposed to have access to all my master playlists that are super organized already

I was just referring to the whole "it will be in every club comment" I agree it's not aimed for clubs,

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast