eks "otus"... - Page 8
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: eks "otus"...

Quote Originally Posted by danrop View Post
    ooh looks nice, listed as 15th September here: http://www.decks.co.uk/products/digital_dj/eks/otus

Interesting thing that I noticed... Look at the picture of the otus on eks' websites. And then look at the picture on the link above. The top left and right on eks has these shinny black rectangles. Which I think is supposed to be the motion detectors. On Decks.co.uk there are nobs, also the mini jogs on the corners look different too. AHHH!
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverhex View Post
    Interesting thing that I noticed... Look at the picture of the otus on eks' websites. And then look at the picture on the link above. The top left and right on eks has these shinny black rectangles. Which I think is supposed to be the motion detectors. On Decks.co.uk there are nobs, also the mini jogs on the corners look different too. AHHH!
    The picture on the site you quoted is a computer generated graphic of the OTUS - im pretty sure its an old one. I'm not seeing any rectangles either, i must be going blind :eek:

Look at this photo for the little rectangles at the top of the controller. I think this is a computer generated photo too though... boo.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Produ.../000033481.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverhex View Post
    Look at this photo for the little rectangles at the top of the controller. I think this is a computer generated photo too though... boo.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Produ.../000033481.jpg
    Yeah thats another CG photo, i am pretty sure the finished product doesn't have them and i haven't read anything about what they could possibly be used for if they were on the device. We will see anyway, i will be getting my hands on a unit for a full DJTT review thanks to EKS. If i get a unit for long enough ill see what i can do about releasing a tricked out controllerism Traktor TKS file and hopefully a preset on the mini-translator for the Otus :eek:

That sounds sweet, lucky much? One of the first hands to touch an Otus.

I think I read or seen a video that was talking about the squares being motion sencers. But, I could be just making things up... so times I dream up cool stuff and think it's real. lol

@ Midian - i think the Otus is at its best when its paired up with a mixer like the VCI-100. It doesn't have a crossfader(not a traditional one anyway, it uses a knob instead). If i had to choice of 2 EKS Otus's or a VCI and an Otus, which is a realistic situation given the prices, i think i would go with a VCI and an Otus because they will compliment one another well.

So four days and counting till the end of September. Do you think that they can make their own dead line?

Hope so!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Drimachus View Post
    Thanks for your contribution but i posted that on the last page

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast