eks "otus"... - Page 15
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: eks "otus"...

Tech Mentor

Obsidiance, I feel your pain. It's over $1000 here. Damn Canadian money is worth very little right now. Just to be sure though, it's 649 euros for one right? Are there specials for buying the pair?

VAT is value added tax, it is a fixed rate tax on everything that u buy, it varies a bit depending on what kind of buissniz u are conducting, like here in sweden the general VAT is 25% on most things that a combany is selling to a customer and it is included in the price, but in some areas of bizniz it is lower,
    like on food, hotels and restaurants, running a camping site, selling your artistic work and importing art, antiques and colectable items there is a fixed rate of 12% VAT

and on books, newspapers, transport(taxi, buss and trains) some entry fees, and skilifts are included here ;P , running an sportsclub(like a fotballteam or an ishockeyteam) museum, librarys, and to some parts of selling rights(like a live recording, or the rights to a song) there is a fixed rate of 6% VAT

on top of this there are loads of exeptions to parts of all the above rules

and the VAT is only something that u'll have to deal with if u are running a company and the VAT is included in the price that customers see
    Last edited by other1; 11-24-2008 at 07:42 PM.
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Quote Originally Posted by obsidiance View Post
    wowowow!

$1,285.98 Australian. I hate our exchange rate at the moment
    +1

Don't forget to add shipping to the other side of the planet. I wonder if anyone like DJWarehouse or StoreDJ will end up selling them locally, and what they will charge? Would be really nice to actually play with one before forking out so much...

Thanks other1 for explaining that... Kind of glad I don't have to deal with that.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Tech Guru

I am not going to buy the first ones..I want to wait until reviews from Ean and others. Seems cool, but prefer a real pitch knob. I never like to buy the first release until bugs are ironed out..Maybe these are good out of the box, but always sceptic.

Default otus

im mappin atm

more commin soon

vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

first impressions: its a efin tank, big and has a heavy feel to it, its sturdy and made of aluminium,

Play, cue and loop buttons and all the other small one's have a nice click to them, and give good response when pressing them.

The touch buttons work fine, and I have no problems with the pitch slider. its a bit inaccurate, but thats traktors problem I suspect.

The wheel is heavy and has good accuracy, it feels like a CDJ 1k, but not plasty, this thing is more like the platter of a 1200, kinda somwhere inbetween the 2.

back to mappin...
    Last edited by other1; 11-28-2008 at 05:38 PM.

vestax PMC-CX

first mappin is done, I currently have it setup with the otus controlling decks A and B, and an xp10 for decks C and D with focus.

I know there has been some talk about the touchbuttons, atm im usin them for hotques, and have just jumped back and forth between a few quest, but atm havent had any problems with them, they trigger 1 time nicely.

Audio is bright and clear, and the drivers seem stable, cool thing is that the ASIO driver see all the connected units and just add the channels out to the audiorouter.

I havent mapped the "mousepad" to anything yet, im lookin into it

pls ask if u wanna know anything

all in all it feels like its a exelent controller with loads of potential, I have to get some live mixin done with it b4 im setteling in with how i want the setup.
    Last edited by other1; 11-29-2008 at 10:59 PM.

vestax PMC-CX

Courtesy of EKS Finland the DigitalJocket.it Staff have received an Otus in our laboratory in Riccione (Italy),
    here you can see the first small presentation video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlkMsVL-zB4&eurl

you'll see next videos in our youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/DigitalJockeyIt

my first impressions are a few posts up ;D
    Last edited by other1; 11-29-2008 at 10:58 PM.

vestax PMC-CX