eks "otus"... - Page 13
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: eks "otus"...

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Crossfading by mixer?
    There is also a knob on the unit dedicated to crossfading, but a midi or external mixer would be more suitable of course.

True that...

You are able to make due crossfading on rotaries, but a regular crossfader just is nicer for the job methinks.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    True that...

You are able to make due crossfading on rotaries, but a regular crossfader just is nicer for the job methinks.
    This thread is bringing up some good questions -
    Namely - what knobs on the unit are rotaries and which are absolute ?

Id say the eqs are rotaries while the crossfader is absolute - but who knows... we will have to wait to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Most of these questions will have to be answered when we actually have a unit sitting infront of us. EKS hasnt stated what type of knobs they have used on the unit. It could possible be using rotaries, but we will have to see.

We are getting our hands on a unit when it comes off the end of the production line - so hold out until then and we will answer these questions and more
    For sure, I was assuming that the knobs were absolute based on the [computer generated] images and [low quality] videos that everyone has seen, but without playing with an actual production model there is no way to know for sure. I look forward to reading the in-depth review when you guys get your hands on one

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    Crossfading by mixer?
    I prefaced my question with the note that I was concerned with cross-fading without a mixer, since one of the main selling points of the Otus is that you can use it as an all-in-one solution (i.e. no separate soundcard or mixer). Ideally, you are correct, you would want to use a mixer that has a proper slider cross-fader, but if I am to purchase an Otus it will likely be a *while* before I can afford to buy a mixer too, so I would want to operate it as a stand-alone unit in the interim rather than have a purdy looking paper weight

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    This thread is bringing up some good questions -
    Namely - what knobs on the unit are rotaries and which are absolute ?

Id say the eqs are rotaries while the crossfader is absolute - but who knows... we will have to wait to find out.
    I have exactly the opposite.

Absolute for the EQs and relative for the crossfader.
    (Just to stay closer to an oldskool setup. )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by beattz View Post
    I do have a few questions about the Otus and I'm interested to see if any of you guys know the answers. Firstly, the pitch slider is a touch-pad strip so that you can control two virtual decks with differing pitch values
    I too am wondering about the pitch slider. Im not feeling the touch pad idea for this AT ALL so the RAW appealed to me but...I do need the sound card that the original provides and those jog wheels for sifting through and loading up tracks are to DIE for! :eek:

Im hoping one could easily map the pitch slider(s) cc to say, a BCR and that would be perfect for me. I'd do the same for the cross fader (Im more into the whole "rotary mixer" setup anyhow.)

Tech Mentor

Damn you people! Every time I see that there's a new post, I get all giddy hoping someone has there hands on an otus. I'm disappointed every time =(

AWESOME NEWS !!!

I got got a mail back "Otus is starting to ship by the end of this week." >=)

AHHHHH! When I wonder, when will they make it to the states?
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Tech Mentor

omg! omg! omg!
    obsidiance » breaks-drum'n'bass-big beats

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast