eks "otus"... - Page 12
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: eks "otus"...

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverhex View Post
    TPros new modifiers would also be of some help.
    Yeah they would, theres alot of stuff that can be done in Traktor now that reduces the need for Bomes. Personally though im sticking with bomes and giving the modifiers a complete miss - but thats a story for another thread.

Well you did pay for it... and work on bomes for hours. Why would you just give that up?
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

IDD. You don't piss in your own garden.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Only thing is, by default you cannot switch from one deck to the other with the RAW, like you can on the Otus.
    Well when/if these things are released I would plan on getting two of the Raws to take a more traditional approach and setup...I would want two of those bad boys cus their so damn sexy!... Hence i went and bought my self the Korg Km402 mixer to utilize with these controllers...But thats just me and im a visual whore so i must have two...

Cool!

Just don't blame me if you need to rob a bank for purchasing these bad boys.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Cool!

Just don't blame me if you need to rob a bank for purchasing these bad boys.
    and who is to say i havent already :eek:

LOLz!

But I do understand where you're coming from regarding the two deck setup!

I'm in the market for a new USB midi controller, I've outgrown my BCD3000 and had been looking at the VCI-300 but it's lack of buttons available for effects is a turn-off. The Otus looks like a great alternative, although I am scared as to how much this sucker is going to cost... the Aussie dollar has been getting an absolute pounding lately

I do have a few questions about the Otus and I'm interested to see if any of you guys know the answers. Firstly, the pitch slider is a touch-pad strip so that you can control two virtual decks with differing pitch values, however the EQ knobs appear to be absolute, so I wonder how would this effect mixing if you are playing with the EQ levels on both tracks as you switch between virtual decks to perform a smooth mix? For example, if you have the low eq turned down to 25% on deck B that you are about to mix in, then you switch to deck A (which is running at 100% lows) and you want to turn that deck's lows down to 25% as well, the knob wouldn't be able to physically turn counter-clockwise far enough. I may have the completely wrong idea about how this would operate, feel free to enlighten me I am aware that if you are running the Otus through a mixer, you would be able to use the mixer's EQs, but surely that would render the EQs on the Otus completely unnecessary?

Secondly, with the Otus not having a cross-fader, if you want to operate it without a mixer how are you supposed to crossfade? I am assuming that you could map one of the four jog-wheels on each corner of the unit as a cross-fader, although I do wonder how intuitive that would feel.

Most of these questions will have to be answered when we actually have a unit sitting infront of us. EKS hasnt stated what type of knobs they have used on the unit. It could possible be using rotaries, but we will have to see.

We are getting our hands on a unit when it comes off the end of the production line - so hold out until then and we will answer these questions and more

Btw - where in Australia are you ? I am in Perth.

Crossfading by mixer?

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast