Traktor S2 Repair Log - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi- I'd like to check in on this thread for a bit more information. I picked up a similarly cheap S2 mk1 that has some unresponsive cue and sample buttons- they look like they've been mashed a bit, and they work, but i have to press harder than I should and they aren't as predictable as they should be in terms of timing.

I'd like to open it up and shoot some contact cleaner in under the buttons but am unsure how easy it will be to get there- other posts, especially more specifically on the S4 are pretty clear that this is near impossible to do because of the way the main board is fixed to the front or top of the controller:

Anyhow, just hoping to hear that the S2 is actually quite easy, accessible and that the contact cleaner is going to make this thing like new.

i tried to post this yesterday but it didn't seem to go through:

I have a used S2 with some finicky sample and transport buttons- the rubber ones at the bottom. controller looks like the last user mashed them a bit. essentially i have to push them very confidently with snap mode on for them to come close to working.

in S4 disassembly videos they show it as nearly impossible to take apart on one's own, but this thread makes it look somewhat easy for the S2. I'd like to just get in under the buttons with some spray contact cleaner. is this possible or likely to work for worn down buttons?

Tech Guru

Sorry, just saw this.

It's pretty easy to open it up. It's only difficult to desolder the pots and whatnot.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Default fixed unresponsive buttons with your help- thanks!

No worries- i was about to crack into it and checked this thread this morning- everything went smoothly with your pictures, shot a little contact cleaner into each microswitch and let it sit for 4 hours before wiping the board clean and everything is good as new new- though the channel faders actually feel a bit sticky with the cleaner. even so, everything is working as new now. thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12