Modding 101 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Modding 101

How does that translate to buttons and knobs? How many buttons could you have on a controller built from one of these things?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

14 Buttons and 6 knobs

Wait a minute - you can get ALL of that from ONE joypad?!?

/Patch *******DROOLS******
    Last edited by Patch; 09-09-2009 at 03:34 PM.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

great thread...thanks!

I'm watching this too. Looking forward to the next parts of the job.

Good work, Ninja.

Ok guys sorry about the delay with this work has been pretty manic but hold on tight as I will be posting the next installment on Friday nite, and if I get enough time the post will contain almost all of the rest of the build, stay tuned, also I tried my hand at etching some PCB's the other day using the toner transfer method, so if anyones keen I will probably do a post on that soon as well as I am also building a MidiBox.

Tech Mentor

yesyesyes!!!
    btw., how are you going to build these jogwheels you posted about, on a midibox basis or could you possibly do that with one of these cheapo controller pcbs too?

The Jogs could be used on either platform, the way the circuit works is it has an output for clockwise and one for anticlockwise, so can be jacked onto anything with two spare digital outputs, while having a wee moment last night, as I do sometimes, I also came up with another design, using a couple of old hard drives, a micro, and some MacGuyver skills, make motorized platters that emulate turntables with pitch controllers, the platters spin at a desired speed and the micro recognises this and spits out a stereo time code for whatever software you are using, when the speed of the platter is changed via the fader or by touching the platter, the micro then alters the time code output, a bit of a dreamy idea but most likely worth a little discussion between us techies in here.

Tech Mentor

nice idea, but why exactly would you do that by an acoustic signal instead of say an optical one?
    At least for the last solution I've seen some optical mouse mods in the forum.

I can immagine you could still transform that to a bleep bleep bleep via some small proggy

about the motorization I faintly remember some guys doing that, I think you might find the project on the midibox forum

PS: Do you mean that basically I could take any endless rotary encoder (or the jogs of my TC which I might consider to slaughter) solder it to two digital ins on the Gamepad and use it via bomes and that's it?
    Last edited by derjay; 09-16-2009 at 04:53 PM.

You will have to run the rotary through a small circuit which converts the ABC outputs to switched A&B outputs i posted a few links on another thread about modding a keyboard.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast