mapping multiple banks for remix decks on livid base
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default mapping multiple banks for remix decks on livid base

I'm trying to map out my livid base to traktors remix decks. I would like to use the small 8 buttons on the right side of the controller to shuffle through different pages of controls for example i would like to hit button 1 and have it toggle on and let me control the clip launching and then hit button 2 and have that toggle on and enable a whole new page of controls like all the transport controls. I would also like all the touch faders to change pages too.
    Ive been searching the web but haunt found anything yet any help is appreciated thanks!

You will need to set up toggling modifiers on the 8 buttons then apply the modifier condition to all the commands for that bank.

ex. Button one of the 8 would toggle between 0 and 1
    every command you want active when button 1 is on would need to have the modifier condition M1=1
    Button two of the 8 would toggle between 0 and 2
    every command you want active when button 2 is on would need to have the modifier condition M1=2

Because there are only 7 modifier states you will need to use another modifier on the 8th button

Tech Mentor

What modifier will I use for button 8 since there are only 7? Will two of the buttons share the same modifier?

There are 7 modifiers with 7 conditions. You can use one modifier's conditions for buttons 1-7 then for the last button you would need to use a different modifier.

Ex. buttons 1-7 would use Modifier 1 (conditions 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, 0-4, 0-5, 0-6, 0-7)
    Button 8 would use Modifier 2 (conditions 0-1)

Tech Mentor

Makes perfect sense thanks a lot I'm gunna get to work!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Note that BASE has 7 internal banks. You can set them so you wouldn't need to think about the modifier conditions for each bank - however, the eight button can be your modifier based shift button.

Tech Mentor

I originally though about doin that but I'm also using other controllers wit my set up and Dnt want any conflict with midi channels

So you're setting your mapping device to 'All Ports'? create a mapping device for each peace of the mapping and address to correct controller to prevent any conflicts.

Tech Mentor

thanks i overlooked that! unfortunately i tried to set it up with the 7 internal banks but in doing so when i want to use it wit ableton it doesn't run the midi script for live looks like my only option is setting up modifiers this might take some time..

You can also configure a preset setting file for each peace of the software.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast