Hercules RMX Mappings 4 DECKS w/ Korg Nanos - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by baldy View Post
    Try my map.... It's just above your post...

You just press the cue buttons to switch decks (no neeed to hold down)
    He there,

Thanks for the quick reply.
    I just used your mapping but now I have a diffrent problem. When I control Deck A the same happen with Deck C and when I control Deck B the same happen with Deck D.

When I press the the CUE buttons it dont make anny diffrence.

I feel I am verry close.. I think I just must make some changes but wich...

Thanks in advance!

Cheers Mobb Deep

Tech Student

Can maby someone tell what button / object / action the switching activates so I can change it myself?

Greatings!

Tech Guru

This mapping is great!! Much better than anything else out there. Thanks.

Question:

When I press the mic button to toggle thru the effects, the actual mic function works. My volume goes down. The function to search thru my fx's does as well. How can I eliminate the mic function. I tried going to the controller setting and deleting anything set to button "46" but there was only the modifier.

Any suggestions. Thanks!

Tech Convert

Default jog wheels

Everything is great except I can't get Jog wheels to scratch in any of the modes.....Any Ideas?

Tech Guru

you cannot get round the mic function unless you use another sound card. as it effects the soundcard the button does not traktor

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    you cannot get round the mic function unless you use another sound card. as it effects the soundcard the button does not traktor
    I figured it out after going thru everything in traktor. Its part of the RMX software tool. When you open it, its a function to determine the volume cut during mic use or to cancel the function. Works perfect now.

Scratching ---- there's no map for that under this mapping. I've been trying to create my own when I hit source 1 but im not having any luck. The standard map from Hercules lets you scratch if you hold down the stop button. I would much rather hit the source button and leave the scratch function turned on if possible. I've looked at a few how-to's but no luck. Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by pfef View Post
    Everything is great except I can't get Jog wheels to scratch in any of the modes.....Any Ideas?
    Sure. I had this problem just open up the utility that came with the hercules (RMXCONTROLPANEL) and there you will see an option to change line 1-2 from MIC to line in just change it to line in and you shouldn't get any problems.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    I figured it out after going thru everything in traktor. Its part of the RMX software tool. When you open it, its a function to determine the volume cut during mic use or to cancel the function. Works perfect now.

Scratching ---- there's no map for that under this mapping. I've been trying to create my own when I hit source 1 but im not having any luck. The standard map from Hercules lets you scratch if you hold down the stop button. I would much rather hit the source button and leave the scratch function turned on if possible. I've looked at a few how-to's but no luck. Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks!
    There is no real way to have a reliable scratch, because the jog wheels are not touch sensitive. I tried to map it in the past with minimal results.

If anyone figures it out please post for other readers, as I am not packing an arcade edition and stopped mapping the rmx.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by armyofme4340 View Post
    There is no real way to have a reliable scratch, because the jog wheels are not touch sensitive. I tried to map it in the past with minimal results.

If anyone figures it out please post for other readers, as I am not packing an arcade edition and stopped mapping the rmx.
    Yep, the utility was the trick. Thanks.

As far as scratching goes, I think a decent solution would be for it to work similar to how the VDJ software it comes with. You press the scratch button (or any other one) and it activates scratching on the jog wheels. You can do some pretty neat scratching even though they are not time sensitive. I also like the ability to spin back or fwd a track and drop a cue point while the song is play. I tried to mess around and mimic the settings the tsi file has from hercules that requires you to hold the stop button down in order to scratch. I had no luck. Need to check out some more tutorials on settind up modifiers.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    Yep, the utility was the trick. Thanks.

As far as scratching goes, I think a decent solution would be for it to work similar to how the VDJ software it comes with. You press the scratch button (or any other one) and it activates scratching on the jog wheels. You can do some pretty neat scratching even though they are not time sensitive. I also like the ability to spin back or fwd a track and drop a cue point while the song is play. I tried to mess around and mimic the settings the tsi file has from hercules that requires you to hold the stop button down in order to scratch. I had no luck. Need to check out some more tutorials on settind up modifiers.
    Yes I understand what your saying. Virtual DJ uses a different technique for "scratching" with traktor once you turn scratch on the track stops, so really it's like a momentary scratch button.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast