Hercules RMX Mappings 4 DECKS w/ Korg Nanos - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

I've changed a couple things around and haven't gotten a chance to make a vid. Hopefully soon though.

But here is the updated mappings.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1130745/H...anos%201.2.tsi

You should still download the file from youtube though because that one has the korg editor files that you need.

Some things I added where that in Scene 2 for the effects if you hold down the rewind button on the nanokontrol and twist the knobs for the effects you can scroll through the effects to change them. and the first couple of sliders give you advanced effect controls for effect unit 1.

And the source 2 button on the rmx is an echo button. I use it alot to transfer between songs so I made a super button.

Enjoy. I'll get to that video soon. Maybe I'll whip it out later today.

Tech Mentor

Default Updated mappings with video!!!

Hey Everyone so I uploaded the complete files and made a quick video showing the updates. Here is a link to the files and i've attached the video.

Some minor upgrades but basically it's ready for 1.2 with modifiers and LED feedback working 100%

Enjoy
    Priscilla

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1130745/N...ngs%20v1.2.zip

P.s If the video doesn't load give it a minute I just added it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGcL6hNuBhg

Tech Mentor

Finally got around to checking your vid and tsi out, its amazing how radically different our approach to 4D mixing is. I need to iron out some kinks, but when I do, Ill post a vid with a break down on how it works, and perhaps a set of instructions? Not sure. Question though, since 1.2 have you noticed the Kaos Pad is even less stable? Sometimes it refuses to acknowledge the touch activated midi message (not the x-y parameters, the signal that gets turned on when you touch it). Very wierd stuff, Ill be getting a powered usb hub to see if that fixes things. Sometimes the Pad just doesnt work and I need to unplug and replug during a set (annoying to say the least)
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

Tech Mentor

Um I had a problem with the pad before. They sent me a new one. But the problem was a button not the pad.

Although the new pad didn't seem as nice as my old one. I haven't really got into performing with 1.2, been really busy. I just wanted to update my mappings.

Look forward to checking out your vids.

Peace.

Tech Convert

Hey!

First of all, I wanted to congratulate you, awesome mapping

However, I do have a slight problem with the pitch faders...it seems that the reaction time of each fader is more than expected, so if I move the pitch slightly to alter the song's bpm, I get no response, and as I continue to move it, it suddenly catches up with the midi command and jumps by 5 or 6 BPM (enough to be noticeable) and it gets very annoying...

could this be because of my equiment? (DJTT mentioned once in an article about the cable sometimes being responsible for this) have you had the same issue?

cheers

Tech Mentor

It could be that they have a soft takeover in the midi mapping, because I have them set up that way. This is because if I use the sync to keep all my decks in time the pitch fader will move in traktor but obviously not on the RMX, you have to go into the midi mapping window and search of the tempo command and click on it then uncheck SOFT TAKEOVER.

That should solve your problem. Let me know how that works out.

Tech Convert

It seems that solved the problem! thanks a lot!

Tech Student

Just thought I would share my version of Priscilla's mapping....

In a nutshell, here's a quick guide:

Cue buttons activate deck C and D (no change)
    Stop buttons are mapped as CUE (no change)

Holding down source buttons activates filter mode and turning gain knobs adjusts

Holding down scratch and pressing source buttons changes the input source

Holding down scratch you can control the fx with the left eq knobs, and balance is D/W

Thanks for posting up your map initially... It was exactly what I was looking for as far as the 4 deck control goes...

Here's a quick question for everyone since I haven't upgraded TP1.01 to 1.2 .... Is it worth it? I mainly spin deep house and trance.
    Last edited by baldy; 12-28-2009 at 05:04 PM. Reason: new updated map... fixed some issues

Tech Student

Smile Question

Hi there,

I was looking for 4 deck confige file for the RMX + Traktor.

Quickly i came here and downloaded it .

I am using Traktor scratch pro 1.2.1 on a Windows laptop. The config is closely to perfect. I have the following problems:

- I have to hold the left CUE button to manage deck C
    - I have to hold the right CUE button to manage deck B

I was scrolling thrue the mapping and changed some things but I am kind of new and it didnt work.

Does annybody knows what to do?

Thanks in advance

Cheers Mobb Deep

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Mobb Deep View Post
    Hi there,

I was looking for 4 deck confige file for the RMX + Traktor.

Quickly i came here and downloaded it .

I am using Traktor scratch pro 1.2.1 on a Windows laptop. The config is closely to perfect. I have the following problems:

- I have to hold the left CUE button to manage deck C
    - I have to hold the right CUE button to manage deck B

I was scrolling thrue the mapping and changed some things but I am kind of new and it didnt work.

Does annybody knows what to do?

Thanks in advance

Cheers Mobb Deep

Try my map.... It's just above your post...

You just press the cue buttons to switch decks (no neeed to hold down)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast