Kontrol X1 Traktor Midi mod help required
    Tech Wizard

Default Kontrol X1 Traktor Midi mod help required

Hi all,

I've added a new generic controller to Traktor to allow myself to use X1 in midi mode and map some controls to the buttons. I've figured out how to do all this but I'm stuck on the following point.

I want to be able to press one button to setup my first effect slot in chained mode and then map an effect to each of the three slots. I can't understand how to select a predetermined effect to slot 1, 2 and 3 etc. For example I want to press the button labelled 1 on the left hand side which then loads a flanger to the first chained slot etc.

I assumed it would be Add In -> Effect Select but get lost here..

How do i go about this?
    2 x Technics 1210 mk2, 2 x Ortofon Concorde Pro S, Ecler Nuo 2.0, Sennheiser HD-25 II, VCI-100 SE, Audio 8 DJ, Traktor Scratch Pro

http://soundcloud.com/jainsy/jainsy-...from-this-week

Quote Originally Posted by jainsy View Post
    Hi all,

I've added a new generic controller to Traktor to allow myself to use X1 in midi mode and map some controls to the buttons. I've figured out how to do all this but I'm stuck on the following point.

I want to be able to press one button to setup my first effect slot in chained mode and then map an effect to each of the three slots. I can't understand how to select a predetermined effect to slot 1, 2 and 3 etc. For example I want to press the button labelled 1 on the left hand side which then loads a flanger to the first chained slot etc.

I assumed it would be Add In -> Effect Select but get lost here..

How do i go about this?
    Im making a new X1 mapping, im about to have to do this as well, so once i figure it out i will let ya know.

Tech Mentor

First you need to make a modifier so you could have that on the second layer of the button you choose. Because you may not want to use that function all the time. Other wise here is how you would map the button select effect select from the midi in list, push the midi learn button on the gui, push the button you want to use for this function, select button in the type of control drop down, select direct in the interaction drop down, select what effect unit you want to assign the effect too, and then set value to whatever effect you want. That's it your done now test it out.

Tech Mentor

If you want a premade mapping for the x1 I have one for 4 decks, mixer for 4 decks, and instant grat. Basically a all in one mapping, here is the thread
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38055

The image below shows what you want to do (I think).

So you would have effect 1 select as the control, set to effect unit 1, and the effect selected as flanger or whatever.

I hope this helps.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1