Korg Nano Kontrol & Nano Pad Mappings - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Convert

I don't know of a tutorial but if you only need the effects and loops that could be pretty easy to set up.... I guessing you're talking about traktor scratch right...

so for example...

go to: preferences > Controller manager > then set up a new device Generic MIDI.

now you'll add in the effects.... go to add in.. effects chained > effect 1 amount.

now press learn under devide mapping and turn the knob you want to use for that...

you'll the that the path to the knob will show under Mapped to...

just keep doing that until you got it all set up... pretty simple...

Tech Wizard

Pricilla,

Thank you soooo much for your work.
    Love it

Tech Mentor

No problem im actually updating the nano again haha. this time it's a riff off of eans oxygen 8 mappings, with some of my ideas along with it. so i'll have that up. I just deleted the browser scene (4) on the nano kontrol, i found that I didn't use it and useing it for cues, loops, and echos, samples was much more intuitive. stay tuned.

Tech Convert

yeah I figured that the browsing with korg was just a bad idea too.... it's not realy that flexible.... I used you mapping as my base and got some nice loops and effects on the forth scene ˆˆ..... thx again..

armyofme again, great mapping and thanks for sharing it with us but i think in scen 2 when i switch to advance effects i can no longer operate it with the 4 knobs, yet in chained effects all 4 knobs operate perfectly. Did you find this?

Tech Convert

advance effects have a different mapping pattern, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to make it work both ways automatically.... if you want to use the advanced effects methos you'll have to remap it friend

Tech Guru

I've just loved your nanoKontrol map, I was thinking about build a map just like yours before seeing your video.
    I'll take your map and mod it to fit my workflow as soon as I buy the nano.

And what about the durability and usability of the nanoKontrol? Ean didn't review the Kontrol so I don't know anything about it since I don't have it yet.

Tech Mentor

It's cool. It's better than the pad for sure. The pad already broke on me, but they shipped me a new one for free.

The kontrol feels better. In the end it's still just a cheap little controller, but for 60 bucks it's not bad.

Tech Wizard

Default nano kontrol

I watched the video on mapping my nanokontrol and like your maps I have worked on some of my own and decided not to use different scenes, I hate the faders jumping around and am afraid I will forget what scene I am in during a mix and trainwreck... all this to say I am having trouble getting my button lights to work correctly. I need my 2,3,6,7 to be momentary. I changed it in the korg software but... I press 2 (fx send deck 1) the light comes on, but to turn it off I have to press the button twice and the light is now not in sync with the screen. I know I have to set the light preferences to "toggle" in the korg software, but I am not sure what to set traktor to. i have tried all the settings in traktor... what am I doing wrong?

laptop... nanokontrol

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by armyofme4340 View Post
    It's cool. It's better than the pad for sure. The pad already broke on me, but they shipped me a new one for free.

The kontrol feels better. In the end it's still just a cheap little controller, but for 60 bucks it's not bad.
    The problem that isn't 60 bucks for me, everything that is not popular in Brazil is expensive hehe And we have the highest import taxes of the world :eek:

I'm still thinking about buying or not... I just need a eq+volume control for my setup (laptop + oxygen 8)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast