Is it possible to use Bomes to 'thin' midi data on the fly? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Had it not been for virtual DJ crashing as well, I would have written this one off to a bug in the traktor code and just had to wait until the next update.

However, my gut tells me its a lower level problem and that its more OS related.

Wierd thing that it has this fault on both my windows machines (xp 32bit and vista 64), with totally different hardware.. and on that poll thread I started, although it had few replies, not a single windows user posted that the VCI works for them with midi out enabled.

The only common features between my desktop machine and my gig laptop are that they both run AVG anti virus and have realtek built in sound cards (not that they are used, but the drivers are installed). I've even tested this with AVG turned off, still no dice!

I'm wondering whether its worth the punt trying it on windows 7... alot of work if it doesn't...
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    There is plenty of people without beat synced LEDs who have still have this issue
    I mentioned the beat-synced because that was a specific instance that was mentioned in the threads you were meant to have read.

Do us a favour and go and read up on it, please.

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    The only common features between my desktop machine and my gig laptop are that they both run AVG anti virus and have realtek built in sound cards (not that they are used, but the drivers are installed). I've even tested this with AVG turned off, still no dice!
    It's nothing to do with other software, I've run it on a completely clean rebuilt machine and still had the same problem.

Bugger, there goes my last theory!

Hmm... windows 7 is looking good right now

Whats the motherboard on your PC ?

Could be the southbridge chip.. but then again if it was that low down, it would affect tons of things.

Maybe it is after all, just a wierd traktor bug.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    Maybe it is after all, just a wierd traktor bug.
    Do any other controllers suffer with it, or just the VCI?
    JOHN SHIMA | LIVE RADIO SHOW
    ALTERNATE SUNDAYS 8PM - 10PM (GMT)
    DETROIT TECHNO | DEEP HOUSE | BLEEPS | ACID
    www.future-music.co.uk

Jack Bastard

Primarily the VCI Shima.

Tech Guru

if its a usb driver issue .. does the issue exist on different versions of windows .. xp, vista, 7 ?
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Jack Bastard

Yeah, it does (though I only use XP). Apparently it's worse on Vista, and I don't know anyone who's tried 7 yet.

My pet conspiracy theory for this problem is that NI went over to .NET with Tpro, and it's performance for this sort of situation is less than perfect. Apparently benchmarks for .NET are withheld due to it having performance issues.

Who knows though? Hopefully now that Moonie has showed them how to reproduce the error we may get some answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    I mentioned the beat-synced because that was a specific instance that was mentioned in the threads you were meant to have read.

Do us a favour and go and read up on it, please.

I have entertained you by reading your post history and re-reading the threads that were linked to threads that you/others linked to in those threads you have been participating in.

There is conflicting stories - lots of people have claimed the VCI-100 primarily drops out when scratching(more so in other threads than any you have linked to in your past posts), which causes no midi led feedback to the unit unless the user has the track phase output enabled, which counts out at least 90% of people those.

Then there are those (alot less of them mind you) that claim that they have the issue with the midi output back into the VCI-100 and that switching off.

Id still like to hear from more people who have tested disabling the midi output for an extended period of time to hear that they haven't had any dropouts - theres a few people who have claimed this but not enough people that i am 100% sure that this is the issue. If it indeed is the issue and i can be replicated with ease it ill try to see if we can make a push to get Vestax to fix the issue in the upcoming firmware revision.

Ill do some tests to see if i can get the VCI-100 to crash by feeding various degrees of midi input. Thanks to Stanton(i have big respect for these guys) Bomes handles being flooded with midi messages quite well now so if being flooded with midi in is the issue i might be able to code up something that fixes the issue without Vestax's involvement.

No promises though as i am still not entirely convinced that this is the issue - there just hasn't been enough users report that disabling the midi out fixes the issue.

I am testing spamming the VCI-100 with an obscene amount of midi messages and its not crashing, Traktor certainly doesnt handle it very well at all though lol !!

Seems Traktor does not handle sending out multiple midi messages to devices very well at all, all the songs start acting up and sounding kinda like some really really terrible granular synthesis. Still doesn't seem to crash the VCI-100 though, its taking all the midi messages quite without flinching in the slightest.

I can get from anywhere in between 600 to 1070 messages out of Traktor a second all being sent to the VCI-100 and it hasn't stopped responding.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 08-24-2009 at 12:48 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast