Is it possible to use Bomes to 'thin' midi data on the fly? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    I also reckon 'thinning' the output to the VCI may be a place to take a look too.
    Very very little data is actually sent to the VCI and the vast majority of that data could not be thinned at all - maybe if it had line level leds or a phase meters on the device this would be different but it doesn't.

Jack Bastard

So what would be your suggestion to try?

There may not be any dialog when it comes to midi, but what about the usb driver ? I think its here that the issue lies, as it only affects windows xp / vista and not Mac OS.

As for thinning out the jog wheels, thats a good suggestion.. Unfortunately, that tiny midi map that I posted to crash traktor:-

www.djmoonie.co.uk/traktor/crash.jpg

will also crash if you map it to the crossfader
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Ahh.. but at least the sun is shining at least
    The english summer has pretty much been a wash out this year!
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Tech Guru

That's one of the bigger reasons Stanton uses the DaRouter software. We do a lot of MIDI filtering, including the strange initialization spam from Traktor on startup. We also have logic in our presets that thins out the MIDI feedback output of Traktor so that doubled up messages are ignored.

BMT is a wonderful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    There may not be any dialog when it comes to midi, but what about the usb driver ? I think its here that the issue lies, as it only affects windows xp / vista and not Mac OS.
    Thats what i think is the most likely the problem - sadly there isn't a whole lot we can do about this besides rebuilding the driver from scratch and building drivers is sadly out of my realms of knowledge.

What id be doing is get a very detailed list of all the hardware and drivers that people with the problem are having and make comparisons to see if there is something that the systems that are having the problems have in common.

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post

As for thinning out the jog wheels, thats a good suggestion.. Unfortunately, that tiny midi map that I posted to crash traktor:-

www.djmoonie.co.uk/traktor/crash.jpg

will also crash if you map it to the crossfader
    Hmmm.

Oh well, let us know what support say when they contact you back.

Nemonic; are there any presets for filtering and/or knowledge about Traktors midi out you can share with us? The init spam one would be good for a start.

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    What id be doing is get a very detailed list of all the hardware and drivers that people with the problem are having and make comparisons to see if there is something that the systems that are having the problems have in common.
    That's what we tried to do on the previous thread, except certain people kept clogging it up with helpful suggestions....

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    The init spam one would be good for a start.
    He is talking about the spam of midi messages that Traktor spits out when it starts up - the VCI-100 isn't crashing when you start Traktor so i doubt this is the issue.

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    He is talking about the spam of midi messages that Traktor spits out when it starts up - the VCI-100 isn't crashing when you start Traktor so i doubt this is the issue.
    I know what he's talking about.

Given that this is a possible 'buffer overflow' type of problem that fills up over time would it not be a good idea to try to get rid of any extraneous midi out messages?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast