DJTToolers:

I'm a relatively new digital DJ. I'm using a MacBook/TP2.6.1/Focusrite Scarlett 2i4/Kontrol X1/KRK Rokit5's/V-moda Crossfade M100s. Last night I decided to try my hand at mapping. I sat down with my Traktor Bible and went to town. I mapped the following to my Kontrol X1 in MIDI mode: Top buttons and dry/wet = Hi EQ & kills for deck A and B. Right on down, mid and low EQs with kills, and the bottom are filter on and filter knobs. I made the browse/load encoders the volume faders, fx1/fx2 are cue deck A/cue deck B, while the loop encoders are cross-fader on the left, and headphone volume on the right.

Worked like a charm. Kinda pleased with myself. Went and hooked it all up for a test run and everything worked great. However, now when in native mode, pushing the knob to load a track causes the track that is currently playing to skip and there is a loud click or snap sound. Also, whenever I push the button to turn on the filters, even with knob at 12 o'clock, there is a split second dip in volume of the track playing.

Minor issues when practicing, but this arrangement clearly would not work if playing out. I was thinking it may be that my Mac is a few years old and only 2GB of RAM. But, this has never happened before when loading a track with my X1.

Any ideas about what may be causing this? I'm stuck and considering squashing the mapping which sucks because the customization is really what drew me to Traktor anyhow. Thanks for reading and any thoughts or wisdom would be appreciated.

EDGEK8D