VCI Stability poll. - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

rvltion909 mate,

You "refuse" to read the other threads ? That sounds like someone is forcing you
    If you do read up on all the material available, you will find that the VCI is still a very nice and workable controller even without the flashy lights. It doesn't lose any midi functionality with midi-out turned off.

Infact, many other controllers don't do LED feedback anyway (look at the faderfox series for instance), and they are equally well raved about.

And in any event, you may not have the issue on your machine.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

i'm having the same problem with my vci-100 se (FW 1.3) in combination with a windows xp pc/laptop and traktor pro. i don't know if somebody is really working on this issue (who should, vestax, NI or DJTT?), but it seems like we just have to live with the only solution of deactivating midi-out.

i'm not quite happy with this situation and i guess it should somehow be possible to define the behaviour of the leds on the vci itself (like i was able to do it on my BCR2000). actually i still have one button (deck C button) that changes the colour when i push it. can someone explain this behaviour? i guess if we find out how this works, we could do it on the other buttons too and we finally get back the lights, hooray...

this has nothing to do with the midi mapping in traktor, but how can i edit the properties on the vci without having an edit-mode? is this just possible with a firmware update?

Some buttons on the VCI change colour when you press them anyway, thats controlled by the controller itself. Some (most) change colour when receiving midi messages from DJ software. Its these that seem to cause the problem.

Its a well known issue, but its difficult where to point the finger. It only affects windows users, but does affect more than just traktor, so my money is on something to do with the vestax firmware/controller chip (not the bit that DJTT modify).

DJTT have no low level technical knowledge to assist with this, so its down to Vestax and or Traktor / other software makers to resolve. Unfortunately traktor just had a major update a couple of days ago, and the bug is still there, so don't hold your breath.

P.S. Not sure what you mean by edit mode, but all LED feedback is edittable via the midi mapping options in traktor.
    Last edited by djmoonie; 09-15-2009 at 01:08 PM.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Held my breath and just splurged on a VCI-100 SE.

We'll see how it goes.
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Even without LED feedback, you'll hopefully be pleased with the controller, its a nice bit of kit
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

I have lockups on my VCI-100 using an HP Tablet PC. Traktor doesn't crash or anything, just the VCI-100. I just reset the VCI-100 on the back and in a few secs I'm rolling again. Sometimes when My VCI-100 locksups, it sounds like it reloops the track to like .01 milliseconds, sounding like a high pitched whine. Really hesitant on using it live. My VCI-300 works flawless with this tablet PC though.

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    Even without LED feedback, you'll hopefully be pleased with the controller, its a nice bit of kit
    Yea...damn you DJTT and your evil abilities to make it seem so sexy...I swear you guys used to work for the tobacco companies.
    Last edited by rvltion909; 09-15-2009 at 04:42 PM.
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Tech Mentor

Hey Moonie,

I've been having the problem for ages (also contributed to the other threads).

What I can say for sure:
    • I can start up Traktor and reproduce the lockup within 4 Minutes.
      -->I load up to decks, turn on the fader fx mode on both and start screwing around - it does seem to happen faster with the beat masher engaged....
    • It has also happened not using the fader fx mode, but only in combination with loop/rolls or effects(like the beat juggler).
    • It has nothing to do with the cables - tried them all...
    • Bought a external PSU, didn't help
    • Had the issue since the last Versions of Traktor 3, now I am on Pro 1.1.2
    • When it occurs, the sound "hangs", mostly with a high pitch tone, which
      disappears after dis- and reconnecting the VCI-100. Traktor continues playing (or did in the backround, not hearable, of the high pitch tone. Not sure)
    • I Have three different affected setups, all windows (just got the netbook and will be trying out Mac OS on that soon):
      - a HP Notebook running XP with presonus firebox
      - a Lenovo Notebook running Vista and XP with presonus firebox or audio kontrol
      - a Lenovo netbook S10-2 running XP and using the audio kontrol
      --> All setups without virus scanner, wireless, bluetooth, pcmcia, infrared and so on
    • Have not had it once with midi out off

I'm guessing it has something to do with the data output.
    I can only imagine how much data is being sent out when using the fader fx modes on two decks, changing various parameters and so on...

Like I wrote, I'm trying the Mac OS on my new Netbook in the next few weeks as I don't have a macbook yet...might switch after all
    Last edited by Leon.R; 09-15-2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Update on setup
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

Hey leon,

Thanks for the info. Seems such a wide spread issue that I am stunned vestax haven't done something about it.

My money is its on a non flashable chip inside the unit that is not easily upgraded ....

One day perhaps we will hear something, but don't hold your breath
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    Hey leon,

Thanks for the info. Seems such a wide spread issue that I am stunned vestax haven't done something about it.
    Well,
    when thinking about it, I have had an issue with my Behringer BCD300, which could have been the same thing.
    Nerver really thought about it much because I discontinued using the BCD3000 after buying a VCI-100 with Traktor and only set the Bcd-3000 up as a Backup Controller and for my two DJ setup.

Wouldn't bet my money on it being a vci problem - don't forget the mac Users who don't have the problems using Traktor Pro and the VCI-100!
    Last edited by Leon.R; 09-17-2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: typo
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast