VCI Stability poll. - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    'Dick' isn't insulting when it's coupled with a nice friendly smiley and then an explanation of what he was after. It's banter. He flat out refused read a page of the thread that could have answered his questions in one click but couldn't be bothered. I think 'dick' is just about the right amount of scorn.

If I wanted to be offensive I'd have called him a 'prick' or a 'moron', I didn't because I was being friendly.

No offence taken Jack

Ninny.... LOL

My point is that 'dick' isn't offensive.
    The proper term is a "Richard".
    Last edited by Fatlimey; 08-25-2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Richard the Third.

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I know this topic is frustrating to people but keep it civil, alright? Nothing is added to the discussion by insulting people who are concerned.
    Jack, dont argue with the mods

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Modus Operandi View Post
    No offence taken Jack

Ninny.... LOL
    Safe MO.

Tech Wizard

I have experienced the exact same lockup in sound as described in this thread: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2321

It is the controls and sound locking up at the same time. Once the VCI is turned off and on, the sound resumes playback and the controls are usable again. I have only witnessed this problem when fiddling with the Juggle Mode button "too often". I figured this is simply another bug in Traktor Pro.

I am running Traktor Pro 1.1.2 on a Windows XP Home SP3, 2 GB RAM, no problems experienced with Traktor Pro or any other program before on my system. My soundcard is the M-Audio Firewire 410, currently on 44100 with a buffer of 384, resulting in 8 ms latency. The controller is a brandnew VCI-100 SE, no problems there so far.

I'm anxious to see if anyone will find a bugfix
    Vestax VCI-100 SE, M-Audio Firewire 410, Traktor Pro 2.0.1

Jack Bastard

Clearcut; if you're a TPro owner then I'd strongly urge you to raise a call with support. The more people we get to raise this issue the more likely we are to get a resolution of some sort for it.

considering my options if i do go ahead and get a vci-100. If i run in to those issues with windows and Tpro discussed in this thread is it possible to still use the vci-100 and vista crash free with the midi out turned OFF in Traktor. Do i loose all the lights on the vci controller or do the platters and small red LEDs still operate? Has anyone continued to run into these crash and lockup problems even with midi out turned off?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

ninny
    This is the first time ive ever read the word 'ninny' on the internet.
    Made me laugh my socks off.

Im calling everyone a 'ninny' when i go out tomorrow.

(you have to be English Jack ?)

I refuse to read any of the linked threads since I dont own a VCI yet and If I wanted to pay for a MIDI and Windows code class I'd buy one....not buy a VCI <--- dick smile

yea, so what I gather thus far is that I will wait on the purchase I was going to make soon until this shit is a solid resolved truth (not looking to drop $500+ to be a beta tester)

thanks for the info (which btw probably wouldnt be available if this place was sponsored by Vestax or NI)
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Modus,

With Midi out disabled, the LED buttons stop lighting up. So thats any button that is lit up as a result of Traktor sending it a message.

However, there are other controls that light up regardless, these are the platters (blue/red flash), the tiny red led lights, and one of the cue lights (only when held, fw 1.3, not sure about 1.2)

So you dont lose everything.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast