VCI Stability poll. - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Modus Operandi View Post
    it seems to work fine for people in this thread running vista

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777

am i missing something?
    Yeah, this is an intermittant fault that until Moonie came up with that config was extremely difficult to reproduce reliably.

It doesn't mean that they aren't affected by the fault, it just means it hasn't bitten them on the arse yet.

Its a very intermittent fault. It can catch you within a minute of opening traktor, or you can go days without getting the crash. I've tested on 3 VERY different pc's, all with widely different hardware, running either xp (32) or vista (64), and it effects all of them.

Unfortunately for me, even one crash a night is unacceptable.
    I also believe that Jack's comments are pretty on the money.. I believe more people are out there with the issue, they just haven't diagnosed it to there vci and midi out.

Also, to make it clear.. this issue seems to be a side effect of the VCI firmware/chipset and the windows midi stack/usb driver. Most other midi controllers don't seem affected.

There has already been known issues with logitech webcams and the VCI-100 (just google for 'vci-100 logitech') and you'll get plenty of hits, I suspect this is just another, as of yet unresolved issue.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

If i could put the Mac OS on my Dell PC which originally came with windows vista and booted under mac and used that for DJing would i encounter this problem????

Please help me on this one... i really want a vci-100 for Tpro but i cant afford to throw away money if it doesnt work?

Also what happens when the system locks up? does windows or traktor crash? does the sound skip? How badly exactly does it impede performance?

Thanks

Jack Bastard

Check the links at the beginning of the thread and do some reading.

God, I'd never thought I'd turn into one of those people.

Sorry mate but I've explained it too many times, go find out.

Your Dell running OSX would not be affected (I'm willing to bet, I don't know for certain).

Sorry Jack.. its just im not really familliar with all the technicalities and intracasy of Traktor, Midi and operating systems... Not trying to be a pest, but considering i almost forked over 400 quid for one of these last week has me worried..

I'd like to cut to the chase rather than read the fine print if u know what i mean

Jack Bastard

Stop being a ninny and start learning stuff then.

This is a good resource. Read all the articles on the front page.

You get one free and then it's rtfm:

It freezes (on occasion), on a fair number of systems. This is remedied by disabling the midi output to the the device, though as a side effect your buttons won't change colour/switch on and off when you press them. It is only a problem on Windows.
    Last edited by Jack Bastard; 08-25-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I know this topic is frustrating to people but keep it civil, alright? Nothing is added to the discussion by insulting people who are concerned.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Jack Bastard

'Dick' isn't insulting when it's coupled with a nice friendly smiley and then an explanation of what he was after. It's banter. He flat out refused read a page of the thread that could have answered his questions in one click but couldn't be bothered. I think 'dick' is just about the right amount of scorn.

If I wanted to be offensive I'd have called him a 'prick' or a 'moron', I didn't because I was being friendly.

Last edited by Jack Bastard; 08-25-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I understand your point, but please keep away from the name calling.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Jack Bastard

My point is that 'dick' isn't offensive.

I'll edit it for US eyes now.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast