VCI Stability poll. - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I am running 1.3 firmware on a HP Pavilion 2xxx with Windows XP. A lot of the drivers on my laptop aren't supported in XP, so those "base" components might be having an influence on my performance.

It is really sporadic/random whether my VCI freezes up or not during performance. I have had it go 4 hours without any trouble and I have had it on for 2 minutes and had a program failure. When it normally does happen, the most common scenario is that the Traktor program will freeze until the VCI is turned off and then Traktor will continue to operate as if it hadn't seized up.

Side Question:
    Does a ferrite ring on the USB cable to the VCI have a significant difference in data transfer?
    DJ Scuba
    Traktor/Ableton DJ, (Learning) Producer, and EDM Audiophile

VCI-100 SE - Audio Kontrol 1 - Traktor Pro - Akai MPD32 - Akai APC 20 - Akai MPK Mini -

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    +1.

Guys, if you think that you fixed the problem with any of the above suggestions (bar disabling midi out), you didn't have the problem in the first place.

Actually, is there any chance the 'helpful' posts could be deleted? They just clutter the thread and confuse the issue. You can delete my responses afterwards if you like.
    Look.....the issue at hand is the issue that I have. I have done everything under the sun to try and fix it except changing the cables.

now if this fix sovles the problem, then it was this thread that did it. I read every post on here. I havnt been able to find a single thing on this issue untill I was shown this thread. It has been said that "we" are no longer looking for a solution to this problem just trying to find out how many people have it.

well i'm sure there are a huge amount of people that have it. But whats the point of having a thread like this one, that adresses an issue, if we dont take advise from people on here that are very knowlegable with the workings of the VCI and Traktor. We have people like Bento,Ean, DvlsAdvct, Midifidler and so on that have posts in every problem issue thread. I havnt seen a issue yet that wasnt overcome or in the processs of being fixed with out something that these guys have done.

The BUG can always be fixed. WE just have to find the person that knows how to fix it.

So yes, this is POLL on who has this problem is perfect. Thank you dejmoonie. But we all need to shut the hell up and respect the people that are trying to help.
    Last edited by tomii; 08-21-2009 at 08:18 PM.
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

just paid $30 for a usb............still the same thing guys....... froze.

ok so should i just switch back to back to the original VCI?????
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

With respect Tomii, your quote of Jack B's post, and reply, was somewhat harsh.

There are TONs of threads out there about this issue, with suggested fixes.
    We all appreciate the help given on these forums, and where we can, offer help ourselves to others.

All Jack was trying to state was that this is a specific and known issue, and he requested that the thread be cleaned up.

Had you done a google or forum search for vci-100 freeze and read the threads it lists, you would have saved yourself $30 on a usb cable.

But this thread is not another 'how do I fix it' thread, there are enough of these already. This thread was supposed to just be a poll to determine the scale of the issue.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by tomii View Post
    But we all need to shut the hell up and respect the people that are trying to help.
    The first thing that you should do before trying to help is to do a little bit of reading up on the problem, especially when links have been provided.

I've been one of the people raising this issue since it started occuring, so I may also know at least a little about the problem. Just because you may not know my name it's not your place to tell me to shut up when I politely ask people to read up a bit before commenting.

Anyway, a poll is a good idea, and Moonie, big up for getting reproduction of the error down.

Jack Bastard

I also had another idea; if we can get someone with a power supply for their VCI to do your test then we could establish the effects of a PSU on stability.

Tried an external PSU adapter.. makes no difference. This is defo a firmware / windows compatibility issue.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

look...... no disrespect passed your way intentualy homie. I have looked and looked, googled that shit, hell home boy I'll trade my left testi for a solution to this problem.......Nothin! I'm so on edge right now because of this...

I came of harsh.. but it wasnt geared toward you......I just want this shit fixed.

I'm an asshole.......my bad

Tomii,

The point is that as of now.. there is NO fix if you have this particular issue. There is a work around (turn off midi out), but thats the best you are gonna get.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

So what does that do exactly? why does that work and nothing else?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast