VCI Stability poll. - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Yeah they do, most of the lockup issues are the cause of the dodgy usb cables that the VCI-100 comes with - replacing the usb cable fixes the issue for most people. Thats why we came out with the DJTT usb cables to help combat this issue.
    I'm happy to be corrected on this one, but I've not yet found a forum post by anyone on a mac thats had the midi out issue. Also, if it was a simple cable issue, then simply unticking midi out in traktor prefs would not cure it.

Its a very particular and well documented bug that I am guessing is to do with a combination of the VCI firmware and windows USB code. I'm less inclined to think its a traktor issue, as this has also been reported with other DJ software packages as well.

Anyway.. back to the poll.. anyone actually NOT had any problems ?
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Midifidler was having dropout issues, he owns a mac and hes the one who came up with the solution.

Djtt USB cables helped the vci being recognised by my laptop but it deffo doesn't cure the midi out issue.

My vci never comes up with unregnised anymore so I would recmend the USB cable, however iv never been able to hav the midi out ticked. It's never realy bothered me anyway!
    Last edited by Jo3; 08-20-2009 at 09:27 AM.
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Jack Bastard

Gargh.

DVLSaddict - This is nothing to do with DPS latency, it is a completely different issue.

Bento - This is nothing to do with cabling or OSX. It has never been reported on OSX.

I appreciate you are both trying to help but please read the threads linked in the first post before commenting and muddying the waters.

Default Solution ?

Original post removed.. not relevant to thread.
    Last edited by djmoonie; 08-20-2009 at 03:14 PM.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Original post removed.. not relevant to thread.
    Last edited by djmoonie; 08-20-2009 at 03:14 PM.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

In my opinion, the VCI is pretty stable, it only send midi signals to your midi interface. So unless it has a hardware problem which can happen but I can tell you that the vci is so selled because it is very well constructed... one of the most durables controllers.

As you know each pc is diferent so lockups are more often to happen (leaving the cable an all phisical-harwardare aside) due to a combination of the hardware-software and services running at a given time in your laptop. You may have the same softwares installed and running on diferent computers and still one may lock and the others donīt because of the differenr hardware manufacurers.

You just need to know your laptop and know how to keep it sane so it does not produce any unwanted opearation during a set. Simple things as leaving a cd inside your drive may cause issues. Antivirus, backup services, virtual mounts , Issues with midi interface.. etc all of this may cause lockups. I have a very profesional approach to Dj and I donīt have lockups, becuase I know my system and leave very little to luck. I have a dedicated OS just for music, almost no serivces running, and it has been NEVER connected to the internet (it does not even have network drivers), so I donīt use an Antivirus. I can tell you that the VCI is stable, and very stable with Traktor. It is the intereaction between the OS running other things while using Tracktor that usually cause issues.
    Learn how to use the eventviewer in windows to see if you have app or system errors. Solve each one of them and then check again for lockups.
    Even though there are some motherboards with known issues... as the Dell XPS and studio I think. DPC latency check will reveal this huge spikes
    Last edited by alien2k; 08-20-2009 at 10:29 AM.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

(quick note, that NI thread gets really entertaining around page 3)

On a side note, Jack, some of the people in that DJTT thread had their problems fixed with changing out their cables.

And I had very similar problems and when I changed out my cables and was more careful with where I was plugging in my laptop my problems vanished. And OTHER people here have had this problem and when they saw their latency was spiking regardless it gave them a solution.

Also, the solutions discussed in the NI thread include: using an A/C adaptor, getting a quality USB 2.0 cable, disabling MIDI Out, letting the track cache before seeking through it and disabling the Beat Phase Monitor output.

Have all of these options been tried?
    Last edited by DvlsAdvct; 08-20-2009 at 11:17 AM.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

All those options have been tried by me.

It is catagorically a midi out issue with the VCI-100 and traktor / virtual DJ.

It has been tested to death and proved. This thread is not about trying to cure it anymore, but seeing just how many windows users it affects.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    All those options have been tried by me.

It is catagorically a midi out issue with the VCI-100 and traktor / virtual DJ.

It has been tested to death and proved. This thread is not about trying to cure it anymore, but seeing just how many windows users it affects.
    +1.

Guys, if you think that you fixed the problem with any of the above suggestions (bar disabling midi out), you didn't have the problem in the first place.

Actually, is there any chance the 'helpful' posts could be deleted? They just clutter the thread and confuse the issue. You can delete my responses afterwards if you like.
    Last edited by Jack Bastard; 08-20-2009 at 12:21 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast