julamy0109 setup evolution! - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

So my last update was in May (holy crap I've been gone for a while!?!)

So here's what's up. I just finished putting together the craziest setup in my book for our jam nights that are starting tonight.

Here's the gear list:
    Part 1:
    - 2x CDJ-400
    - 1x DJM-2000
    - 1x Traktor X1
    - 1x MBP

Part 2:
    - 1x Traktor S4
    - 1x PC

Part 3:
    - 1x Traktor S2
    - 1x PC or Mac (it's bring your own laptop LOL)

Part 4:
    - 2x CDJ-700 (Gemini)
    - 1x PS4 Mixer (Gemini)

Sound:
    - 2x Behringer TRUTH B3031A
    - 1x 7.1 receiver + 4 speakers
    - A lot of wires!?!

Everything goes through the DJM-2000. The Gemini setup (4) is in channel 1, the CDJ-400s are on 2 and 3 and the S4 is in 4. I used some RCA splitters to send the sound of the S2 to both channel 2 and 3 on the DJM-2000 so using the switch, you can go from mixing with the CDJ to using one channel to get the sound of the S2. Using the REC out of the DJM-2000, I rerouted the audio in the S4 input and I'm using setup 2 to record everything happening. And the white thing in front of the S2 is my homemade laptop stand. Last minute thing, I didn't have time to drop by the hardware store and build something better LOL.

**I apparently can't upload pictures...gonna try again tomorrow...sorry guys!!!**

Tech Convert

Just read all eight pages, and must say its a beautiful evolution!

I was happy with my 1 mixer and 2 turntables!!!!
    TSP2, Rane 64, 2x SL1210 (restored and customised), Shure M44-7 Carts, X1 Mk 2, Launchpad.

http://www.sounditoutrecords.co.uk
    https://soundcloud.com/theworkhouse-sessions

Looking forwrad to the update
    TSP2, Rane 64, 2x SL1210 (restored and customised), Shure M44-7 Carts, X1 Mk 2, Launchpad.

Quote Originally Posted by jnkarrik View Post
    Just read all eight pages, and must say its a beautiful evolution!
    Thank you! I'll upload good pictures of everything tomorrow, I just realized the quality of my most recent pictures is so bad I'm ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by nobbycossie View Post
    I was happy with my 1 mixer and 2 turntables!!!!
    It is a known fact that I have a huge RGAS, I wish I could be happy with 1 mixer and 2TT! LOL but seriously, it's not all my gear, we are 3 DJs collaborating on this setup with a lot of gear in backup because we are hosting a jam night/learning night every week. Last night, we were 10 people playing around doing a huge tag team. We switch the gear on the table depending of what we are focusing on weekly. Example, next week, the CDJ-700s won't be on the table because we are doing a "Traktor Basics" night so we're going to have an extra S4 instead. The week after it's a "Back to basics" so we're removing everything Traktor and adding 2 sets of Turntables. Our goal is to have a setup that fits everyone's needs while being optimized for the lesson of the night. I'll snap some pictures go the current setup and of all of its variations throughout the weeks!

Looking forwrad to the update
    Coming your way! And many more over the weeks! Thanks for following!

On a side note, anyone has an idea for cable management when the setup changes all the time? It was a huge cable nightmare last night even if I tried my best to arrange everything and I can just imagine how much worst it will be next week!

Finally got some almost decent pictures! I'm bringing my camera there tonight so I should get some even better ones.

So this is the overview of the table for tonight. The empty spot on the left side of the table will be filled by another S4 that my friend is bringing over and maybe an S2, if we need it. I still don't know how many people are showing up, but I have spaghetti for 20 people if any of you feel like coming down!
    IMG_2728.jpg
    So you have the love of my life aka DJM-2000, connected to my MAC with an X1 by its side. I'm also using my Audio 8 DJ to sync the MIDI clocks of the DJM and of Traktor together. The DJM is also the main mixer, every other setup is connected to it and so are the monitors and the sound system. I spent yesterday playing with the DJM and I'm realizing I now have the maturity it takes to handle this beast. I'm about to order another X1 and ditch the CDJ-400s because I've realized I don't use the jogwheels anymore. All my songs are loaded with cue points and I'd rather use an X1 to control that.
    IMG_2729.jpg
    Next we have the S4 connected to a PC. Simple setup but I'm also using it to record everything. I ran a RCA cable from the REC out of the DJM-2000 to one of the inputs of the S4 and that way, I can record everything we do. I also like that the recording doesn't depend of my MAC because there is already a lot going on on it and I didn't want to make the whole thing crash.
    IMG_2730.jpg
    Here's another view of the table. It was really bright out yesterday when I took the picture so that's why you can't see much in the windows but I'll let you guys imagine a frozen lake with snow everywhere and the sun shining. (I really miss living in this house just for that...) You can also see the chilling part. We installed 2 couches by the window and tables for drinks (because I get really mad when someone puts their drink on the DJ booth).
    IMG_2731.jpg
    Other stuff lying around, we have 2 CDJ-700 from Gemini, some Igloofest tickets for Sharam & Hot Since 82 in two weeks from now (any Montrealers on here going? ), an iPad keyboard and a tape recorder (no, this isn't a joke LOL).
    IMG_2733.jpg
    That's more equipment we have in backup. Top we have the Gemini PS4 mixer and an old receiver. After that, one of my CDJ-400 and a Gemini CDJ-650 (I think). Third shelf we have the S2 and another old receiver and another receiver on the bottom shelf. You can also see the decksaver
    IMG_2732.jpg
    And I also have 2 drawers like this full of cables. It is a nightmare to go through it...
    IMG_2734.jpg

So that's what it looks like this week. Next week, there will be a pair of Technics 1210, a pair of Stanton T.62, and 2 pairs of CDJs because we are doing a beatmatching night, no computer aloud. I'll post pictures of that too! Cheers!

Wheres the purpose built table with mixer recessess, shelves and clever RCA cable routers gone?

Wheres the purpose built table with mixer recessess, shelves and clever RCA cable routers gone?
    That one is at my place. It wouldn't be big enough for what we do here anyway. I'm honestly just waiting for some warmer weather (it's -25C here, I friken hate Canadian winter sometimes LOL) to build a more dedicated table with the RCA plates, integrated laptop stands, vinyl storage, cup holders, lights, shelves, etc. We're working on the plans right now. It's just way too cold right now to be cutting wood and painting stuff.

Also, we have to decide on what will become the final setup before adding all the above. Every week seems to require different equipment so it's quite a puzzle to figure out where to put the RCA plates or laptop stands.

It makes me a bit sad that you're using the DJM for a master mixer, rather than actually using it for mixing!?!
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    It makes me a bit sad that you're using the DJM for a master mixer, rather than actually using it for mixing!?!
    Actually, it's used for both. There are so many input possibilities that I can mix and still have it as a master mixer. Example, last week, I had the the CDJ-700s + PS4 on Channel 1(CD), the S2 on channel 2 (CD) and 3(CD), the S4 on channel 4(CD), the X1 mapped to deck C and D and routed to channel 1(USB) and channel 4(USB), and finally the CDJ-400s controlling deck A and B and routed to channel 2(USB) and 3(USB). So using the switches, I would toggle between the different setup and use whichever channel was available for my own mixing. It's temporary, I'm out shopping for a mixer to take over that part. (Sorry if all the routing is confusing, but don't worry, I am using the DJM-2000 to mix! And I love it even more today! )
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    We could make love next to your DJM2000, you could caress the EQ knobs as I hit the effects button... It would be so perfect.
    DJM-2000 + X1 + A8 + MBP 13 (early 2013)
    Backup: S4 - S2 - CDJ-400s - T.62s

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678