julamy0109 setup evolution! - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Digging all the set ups super clean but still orgainc.

Interesting to see that you have dropped the decks I am runing a two technics and two x1's and traktor with a four channel mixer but I always seem to end up just runing the x1's. I have been djing since the early nineties so I have too much vinyl to archive it all.
    Last edited by slinkydisc; 04-25-2013 at 07:45 AM.

Tech Guru

No need to use "Live Input" at all if you're using an external record source.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by julamy0109 View Post
    Thank you so much!! You saved me a few hundred bucks (and contribute to me pushing my RGAS too far lol)! So we're suppose to be recording a tag team set a friend and I this week, I'll keep everyone posted on how it will go!
    Here's my paypal...
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

I would be curious to know how many people follow that thread. So just in case it's thousands of people (it's always good to dream lol), I want to let everyone know that I'm going to Ikea today...bad news hahaha New pictures to come by the end of the weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    We could make love next to your DJM2000, you could caress the EQ knobs as I hit the effects button... It would be so perfect.
    DJM-2000 + X1 + A8 + MBP 13 (early 2013)
    Backup: S4 - S2 - CDJ-400s - T.62s

Quote Originally Posted by slinkydisc View Post

Interesting to see that you have dropped the decks I am runing a two technics and two x1's and traktor with a four channel mixer but I always seem to end up just runing the x1's. I have been djing since the early nineties so I have too much vinyl to archive it all.
    Gotta start somewhere
    2 Numark TTX Pioneer DJM-600
    Kontrol S4 Reloop Digital Jockey 2(Interface) Roland Sp 404
    Novation Dicers N.I Audio 8 DJ T.S.P 2.6.1
    H.P Pavilion dv6 128GB SSD 1TB External HHD 8GB Ram

Quote Originally Posted by slinkydisc View Post

The decks were put on the side but will be back shortly. Too much stuff going on in my life right now so I decided to concentrate on mastering the DJM-2000 and to finish my mappings for Traktor. After throwing a successful party on Saturday at my house, we decided to build a bigger deck and make a coffin style DJ Booth that would fit either my Stantons or my friends Technics plus a mixer. That's one thing that is missing at the house, an outside DJ Booth for some sunny days. We're currently working on the deck and the DJ Booth and we will probably have a lot of vinyls Sundays once that's completed. Of course, I'll post pictures of that too!
    We could make love next to your DJM2000, you could caress the EQ knobs as I hit the effects button... It would be so perfect.

IMG_1415.jpg
    Little update on the DJ Booth. So I bought an Ikea Shoe rack with the legs and everything and put it together yesterday. There is a big need for some spray paint, which I'll do when I have a chance. As you can see, I took the Numark mixer out which explains the big hole in the middle of the booth. I will be getting a new top soon that I'm going to cover with synthetic leather.

The goal of this setup is to have two 4 decks setup accessible at all time. I've realized that lately, I'm more and more mixing with a friend of mine and we need those extra 2 decks for the main setup (the DJM-2000 and CDJ-400s). So I added the S2 on top of it. It could of course fit two X1s or something like this. And because we've been wanting to do more and more tag teams, I thought that having 2 full 4 decks setup would be the best. Out of 8 DJs, only 2 are not familiar with CDJs yet and only 1 is not with Traktor. Having this double setup makes it perfect to have any type of tag team, either on one setup or on two, with any DJ.

Now, with the new top, the shelf will be placed a bit backyard to free some extra space. The shoe rack will be lower and closer to the mixer. The top of the legs will also be cut so they won't be in the way. My laptop will fit behind it. I will add a magic trakpad at one point because I always end up needing a mouse when I mix. The Numark mixer will go under the top, on the Expedit, and only the 2 master output RCA cables will run to it. The RCA plates will be use for the soundcard so I will place them closer to the mixer. My audio 8 will also be under the top and used to run all my audio from Traktor to the mixer. I will bolt in my USB hub, again, closer to the main setup, and I will bolt 2 power bars under the top, one on each sides. I will probably trade an X1 for an F1 and have that lying around somewhere. We're also looking at getting a Mashine at one point. If that happens, I will build an extension/stand for it, on the left side of the booth.

Now, I have to leave room for some possible speakers/monitors and their stands. My friend has some so when it comes to a big gathering, we have them, but I don't own any at the moment. I will most likely get some capita legs again and install them on each side of the shelf, but we'll see.

Give me a few days and all of this should be up and running!

Quote Originally Posted by julamy0109 View Post
    IMG_1415.jpg
    Little update on the DJ Booth. So I bought an Ikea Shoe rack with the legs and everything and put it together yesterday. There is a big need for some spray paint, which I'll do when I have a chance. As you can see, I took the Numark mixer out which explains the big hole in the middle of the booth. I will be getting a new top soon that I'm going to cover with synthetic leather.

The goal of this setup is to have two 4 decks setup accessible at all time. I've realized that lately, I'm more and more mixing with a friend of mine and we need those extra 2 decks for the main setup (the DJM-2000 and CDJ-400s). So I added the S2 on top of it. It could of course fit two X1s or something like this. And because we've been wanting to do more and more tag teams, I thought that having 2 full 4 decks setup would be the best. Out of 8 DJs, only 2 are not familiar with CDJs yet and only 1 is not with Traktor. Having this double setup makes it perfect to have any type of tag team, either on one setup or on two, with any DJ.

Now, with the new top, the shelf will be placed a bit backyard to free some extra space. The shoe rack will be lower and closer to the mixer. The top of the legs will also be cut so they won't be in the way. My laptop will fit behind it. I will add a magic trakpad at one point because I always end up needing a mouse when I mix. The Numark mixer will go under the top, on the Expedit, and only the 2 master output RCA cables will run to it. The RCA plates will be use for the soundcard so I will place them closer to the mixer. My audio 8 will also be under the top and used to run all my audio from Traktor to the mixer. I will bolt in my USB hub, again, closer to the main setup, and I will bolt 2 power bars under the top, one on each sides. I will probably trade an X1 for an F1 and have that lying around somewhere. We're also looking at getting a Mashine at one point. If that happens, I will build an extension/stand for it, on the left side of the booth.

Now, I have to leave room for some possible speakers/monitors and their stands. My friend has some so when it comes to a big gathering, we have them, but I don't own any at the moment. I will most likely get some capita legs again and install them on each side of the shelf, but we'll see.

Give me a few days and all of this should be up and running!
    Fuck my life, why don't I have friends like you?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

That's the joy of living in Canada! Lol just kidding
    I consider myself extremely lucky to have that amount of close friends who are into DJing. If ever you're in Quebec, let me know, we can have a big jamming session!

Haha, I've never been to Canada! What do you mix, out of interest? You have a lot of gear for a girl who only started in December!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast