Official Forum Feature Request Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Mentor

All for an Ableton and Traktor section, sometimes i get all excited about a post only to realise it's about traktor and i can't use the trick... Mind you i then do spend countless hours trying to prove myself wrong!

Cheers
    D

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    How about a tricks section? I do find the (youtube) tricks in Traktor always the most inspirational bits. It teaches you new features plus heaps of inspiration. Maybe divide in into an Ableton and Traktor section.
    And for the feed perhaps some challenges/prizes for the best trick, etc...
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    +1
    +2 but i would divide into another sections cause there are more than ableton or traktor users here, prefixes would solve the problem easily to keep the overview..

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

but there aren't a ton of users for the other wares. I don't think we're going to get this specific on the sub-forums, unfortunately for me

But if we did, if it was decided, it would probably be best to break it down to Serato, Traktor, Ableton and Other. But I don't think we'd need to get that specific.

Always nice to have my opinions remembered, though
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    +2 but i would divide into another sections cause there are more than ableton or traktor users here, prefixes would solve the problem easily to keep the overview..
    +3
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

maybe the specific subforums wouldn't be needed now (they'd be kinda empty), but for the future?
    they could attract more serato/ableton/whatevr users to these forums, as right now they just seem to be traktor specific which may have these users running away while screaming...

but of course it depends on what DJTT wants to achieve... if they want to focus straight on traktor then i guess that would be a bad idea...

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I don't think other users run away screaming. We get lots of questions about the Hercules, VDJ, and the other warez out there. There are people here who are experts in lots of different solutions, it's just the majority of us use Traktor.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

I think a better solution than creating so many specific subforums would be to implement the Post Icon system, and then allowing users to filter posts by Post Icon. An example of this can be seen at the somethingawful forums:

(click on the + button next to "Filter Posts")
    http://forums.somethingawful.com/for....php?forumid=1

We could have topic-related post icons such as "Tricks", "Tips", "Marketing", etc, and also brand-related post icons like "Hercules", "Stanton", and so forth.

another thing i like from other forums is to see whos online atm and how many users and posts here are in total..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ctran View Post
    I think a better solution than creating so many specific subforums would be to implement the Post Icon system, and then allowing users to filter posts by Post Icon. An example of this can be seen at the somethingawful forums:

(click on the + button next to "Filter Posts")
    http://forums.somethingawful.com/for....php?forumid=1

We could have topic-related post icons such as "Tricks", "Tips", "Marketing", etc, and also brand-related post icons like "Hercules", "Stanton", and so forth.

that would be redundant. the only people who'd know how to use the icon system properly would be people who've posted here for awhile, forcing new users to learn an awkward system which would just make a bigger mess of the forums for our mods to clean up after. Not to mention it'd be easier just to click a subforum then to filter posts by topics im looking for. not feelin the idea mate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123