Ddj-sx and Traktor ......
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ddj-sx and Traktor ......

Just after some advise regaurding the ddj-sx and remapping for traktor ,

Im fairly new to controllers ( check my setup topic ) so excuse me for my newb questions

how stable is the midi mapping ?

can i change back and forth when i need to ?

if i map the touch pads with similar effects as whats on there with serato dj , then with traktor can i plug in an f1 for remix decks ? i asume that would be plugged into laptop anyway .

these are just some uneducated questions of a setup i would like to try if possible , any answers would be awesome and i hope pioneer bring out a high end traktor controller as alot of others would too ! im not up with traktor either so take it easy on me if anyone has pics or a setup with extra controllers with the sx and serato or traktor as an idea would be cool .

thanks for any answers !

oh yeah the reason im asking about the sx is cause of its size and i love the look of it . and the reason im asking about the f1 is of its controlling.

I have the DDJ SX and use it with Traktor for 2 months now no problems. but I'm not a scratch DJ so can't realy coment on how good the jog wheels are for scratching in Traktor. I also have it mapped to VDJ, CrossDJ and Djay and it works fine with all of them.
    When mapped to any software it will not affect the functuanalety of other softwares as you are not making any changes to the controller at all only a file for the specific software to tell the software what does what. only when switching from and to Serato Dj to any other DJ software you need to change the controller setting from Serato mode to midi mode on the controller and it takes only a few seconds to switch.
    I also have a F1 and it connects to the laptop and has no affect on the DDJ SX.

hope this answers you questions

IMO this is by far the best controller on the marked. I sometimes use 2 CDJ 2000 and DJM800 with traktor when DJ'ing at a club and the feel of the DDJ SX is verry much the same.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Tech Convert

slip mode works with traktor?
    also generally DDJ-SX's jogs have same function like CDJ's (slip mode,vinyl etc)?

Yes slipmode( Flux mode) works and vinyl mode too
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

the VIPER mapping V.6.2 is pretty good, gets you going, but you really cant emulate the jogwheel performance as good as Serato in Traktor - this seems to be reserved purely for native instruments controllers (i owned both the S2 and the S4 and those are the only controllers i ever tried that has decent jog performance - and trust me i tried a lot of stuff)

if you are not into scratching, the VIPER mapping will do - i am kinda hoping someone else will take over his work and continue to improve it, as i heard he has stopped any progress on the ddj-sx as he sold his unit or something

im going to point out one thing that not many people seem to notice - the line fader curves when you use the DDJ-SX as an analog mixer / Serato DJ - is almost completely different with Traktor's line fader feel

i dont know how to explain this but as i spend a lot of time with PIO mixers (800/900), i am accostumed to their line fader (linear) setting, in Traktor the line faders seems to have a little bit of a curve, rather than just linear (did that make sense?)

When you use the DDJ-SX with Serato or as an analog mixer it has pretty much the same line fader curve as their 800/900 mixers, i dont know if im just OCD for noticing this but i thought i'd point it out haha
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Thanks guys ! sounds sweet i cant wait now ! hopefully in the next few weeks ill have mine . i like using serato because its simple and straight forward to use but its limited for other things . the extra plug ins and controllers for traktor is hugely appealing and i cant wait to learn it . i understand if you dont but do you have pictures of your setups ? cheers

this is my setup now
    Last edited by tekki; 02-04-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Nice ! just what the doctor ordered ! Where do you buy or download your samples ? im a house man ( deep,tribal,tech) all things in between but with good energy a got some free loops from loopmasters lately .

Tech Wizard

thats a dope ass setup ! i havent heard good things about mapping the ddj sx with traktor , but im sure theres a way to get it down, just wait for the ddj tx , i know thats coming out soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast