Yet Another DIY Traktor Controller - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Just ordered a core kit after looking at this. Im going to see if I can build that before I buy the other boards. Thanks for sharing the pics and taking the time to make a site.
    Last edited by kaleaf; 08-12-2009 at 03:30 AM.

Kaleaf: Good move. If any questions arise, feel free to hit me up. I'd be happy to help. Also, the ucapps.de forums have a lot of information in the archives...

Quote Originally Posted by questionable View Post
    DJTimmy: That's some attention to detail there. Very impressive. I'm a bit of a neat freak myself when it comes to wiring.

Archies'bald: Is your project midibox based? If so, I think you'll find that it's just as easy to do 32 pots as it is to do 4 pots. Think big! Each midibox module typically handles 32 objects (pots and faders, buttons, or LED's), so you'll have the boards built and attached, you just won't be using it at full capacity if you don't have the full number of inputs/outputs attached. Either way, I look forward to seeing your progress.
    I'm starting out with the UMC 32 as it seems the easiest option for a novice. I've already got most of the case buttons/knobs fitted (but not wired). The idea was to build something relatively cheap and sturdy to take to friends houses, so I didn't have to worry about expensive gear getting ruined by a small accident. I'm also building a portable pc in to an old 1210 aluminium flight case, its cheaper and more solid than a laptop.

Once/If I get it up and running I will definitely research the midibox more as it seems to have better capabilities than other midi control modules. In the mean time I will start a new thread myself when I think I have the basics sorted.

Archies: We'd love to see some pictures as you progress. It's really inspiring to see what other people come up with when they're not constrained by pre-packaged gear.

As for me, it turns out that the ALPS faders (only 3 of the 9 faders on the surface) that I ordered were logarithmic, not linear as I had thought. So, it'll be a couple more days before I receive those.

Ok, I've never posted images before on this site, but here goes..

Got there in the end. I will post a little more later when I've got a bit of time.
    Last edited by Archies'bald; 08-14-2009 at 11:18 AM.

Wont that comp get extremely hot in a night club + those padded black mats inside?

Quote Originally Posted by quuz View Post
    Wont that comp get extremely hot in a night club + those padded black mats inside?
    It's a work in progress.

The top half of the case will have the 17" monitor in it, while the bottom half will have the PC in it. I will be adding system fans on either side of the board and one above the cpu. It will only be used on the odd occasion at house parties. All of the foam has been removed from the PC side of the unit.

That's a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by questionable View Post
    That's a great idea.
    Thanks. I have built a few PC's and had lots of parts lying around (Hard drive, DVD player, Ram and even a dual core processor), so this seemed to be a natural progression.

I have no doubt the computer will work pretty well, but I am a little more concerned about the Midi controller. I will be fine building it and wiring it up (I'm an electrician), but the Midi mapping and getting that side of things to work correctly is all new to me.

And she's finished and working:

It works great, was only a minor pain in the butt to program, but I can see myself using it for some time. There's more at my blog:

http://www.nonsilence.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast