What Would Be Your Ideal Mixer ? (College Design Project) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

there is one thing i realy love on my djm909 that i never found on another mixer (yet).
    You can say that your effect only goes for midtones. or high. or low. or a combination of it.

I've said it before on this forum...Parametric EQ's. I just boggles the mind why DJ mixers don't incorporate them. I've got them on my mixer (Tascam X9) but it's older and I'd love to upgrade. I'd get an Allen & Heath in a second if they'd just add this feature. I use them all the time.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Mentor

Hey maybe I can help you with the build.

I have a unifinished diy 4 channel arcade mixer that I bought here is the thread of how its looks.
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...t=17431&page=3

I never finished or worked on it but I did buy led's, a livid brain and all other internals needed to finish the build. I planned on doing led mods using a led wiz to make the leds dance to the music but I never got the time to complete the build.

If you want it you can get everything for about $300 or if you want the parts I will let the livid brain go for $100 its not the v2.

I just want a decent 4-Ch mixer, with built in audio interface and effects, and plenty of assignable buttons and pots for mouseless navigation.

make the mixer the heart of it all again.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    I've said it before on this forum...Parametric EQ's. It just boggles the mind why DJ mixers don't incorporate them. I've got them on my mixer (Tascam X9) but it's older and I'd love to upgrade.
    Wow, I had an X9 back in the day..........I am really surprised that your still works. Mine was riddled with issues from the start.
    A&H Xone:96, (2) X Pioneer CDJ-2000nxs2, Bozure ISO-201, (2) X Technics MK5, "TEIL1" (Delay Pedal), Strymon "Blue Sky" (Reverb Pedal), Ableton Push 2, A&H Xone:K2, (2) X Shure M44-7 w' Ortofon SH-4 Headshells, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Crates & Crates of Vinyl, 2011 & 2012 Macbook Pros - (2) X SSD/16GB RAM for both machines |
    https://soundcloud.com/risquedj

Quote Originally Posted by blackavenger View Post
    Wow, I had an X9 back in the day..........I am really surprised that your still works. Mine was riddled with issues from the start.
    Did you get the firmware update and new chip? Mine's been rock solid for about a decade now.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Did you get the firmware update and new chip? Mine's been rock solid for about a decade now.
    No, but I had a friend that did, and his X9 also gave him a lot of headaches. I guess you were one of the lucky ones.
    I used to have a Korg Zero4 that was flawless, when others that I knew that had one were going nuts from all the problems they had. So mixer lottery is a real thing with certain brands/units.
    A&H Xone:96, (2) X Pioneer CDJ-2000nxs2, Bozure ISO-201, (2) X Technics MK5, "TEIL1" (Delay Pedal), Strymon "Blue Sky" (Reverb Pedal), Ableton Push 2, A&H Xone:K2, (2) X Shure M44-7 w' Ortofon SH-4 Headshells, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Crates & Crates of Vinyl, 2011 & 2012 Macbook Pros - (2) X SSD/16GB RAM for both machines |
    https://soundcloud.com/risquedj

Tech Mentor

4 channel rotary mixer with an isolator, send/return, matrix input and 4 channel internal RME interface and volume meters. loud headphone monitor out. and an electric shock red line deterrent system for bad djs.

I've said it before on this forum...Parametric EQ's. I just boggles the mind why DJ mixers don't incorporate them. I've got them on my mixer (Tascam X9) but it's older and I'd love to upgrade. I'd get an Allen & Heath in a second if they'd just add this feature. I use them all the time.
    I thought about parametric EQs when I put together my list but - I suspect the reason they haven't been included on most DJ mixers is because they make the mixer more complicated and more importantly, more difficult to standardize between mixers of the same type or even between individual channels on a mixer. Parametric would be cool, but I suspect they would be a bit much for the non-production-minded individuals out there, and I'm not so sure how great they'd be for performance; I'm guessing that's part of why (aside from cost and possible sound quality issues) they haven't caught on. That said, I just looked at the X9 and I gotta say - that's a pretty clever way of doing it and I like the idea as long as it works well.

I find that they're almost like having a filter for each of the high's, mid's & low's, it's also nice to be able to isolate a particularly harsh hi-hat and tame it a bit. Parametrics are pretty subtle but definitely allow for more control and smoother blending if your style of mixing is eq heavy and you like to mix tracks for long periods of time. If you're a quick cut DJ or turntablist/controllerist then you probably won't get much use out of them but it certainly doesn't hurt to have them available

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast