The Psychedelic Thread - Page 9
Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Great tune by Twisted System. Aciiiidd lol
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Man....that was SOO awesome now that you mention it!

I have seen dolphins on TV and shit but never in real life.
    So I was playing my set and the sun was just coming up.

I finished up and exit the Dj TENT and look out at the sea and lit my bifta.

Only to see a school of dolphins playing in the surf!

Was epic!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Ahh but have you woken up to a sheep licking your sack at a bush party lol
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

HAHAHAHA

No...just been woken by a family of scuffeling pot-bellied pigs!

Also had a Peacock incident too....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"

"incident" lol do iwanna know. Hey saw that twisted system album in psyshop, might pick it up only 20 bucks eh

GET IT!
    They are one of my top fav's! Rock out sooooo bad ass!
    The Dealers is the best album for me!
    Disrespekt is THE track on it!
    Killed the floors here......TOTALLED!

The peacock....yeah....

A mate of mine rocked up at the bush party (on a farm) in a mini cooper. a Bottle Green one. Was not his......not even a friends....just someones that he needed to look after!

There were loads of farm animals etc on THIS farm. The next morning\afternoon (when he was done partying) he got to the car and the one side had many lil dents in it and scratches and blood etc.

After a long head scratch.......we figured out that it was the peacock.

It has seen itself in the cars reflection and thought it was another male or something.
    Fucked the car up royally!

True story!

Man.....i had fun last night.

I installed Deckadance (so i can use my TC vinyls) and was jamming Damage on vinyl!

Man oh man!

Was soo cool mixing on vinyl again!

I should play a NASTY ASS set on vinyl at a party sometime.

You always hear people here saying, " You never see vinyl DJ's at a trance party anymore".

Then ogle the older DJ's who used to play Psy on vinyl.....and see then go green when i play the LATEST trax.

HEHEHEHEHHE.

Yay for TIMECODED VINYLS!!!!

Haha damn wildlife Yeah i've had a jam on final scratch but not with traktor scratch pro as yet. good onya, thats gotta freak some of the old crew out eh. Man i'm really looking forward to this collab mix mate. Haven't had much of a mix for a few weeks this is why i've been scanning psyshop etc. I'd like to play all new shit but we'll see what happens.

Tech Wizard

what kills me is i find nothing "psychadelic" about any psy-genre EDM. i've been using psychadelics heavily for years and when i listen to psytrance/psydub/psybient it all sounds like cheesed out wankery.

then you have music like idm/breakcore/post-rock that i think are WAY psychadelic and i have an amazing time with under the influence. psy-stuff is just too damn easy to predict. when my mind is racing at 1000mph on acid, i want to put it USE. i want to test the full pattern recognition abilities that my brain has to offer. that's what psychadelics are about to me--pushing the limits of the mind towards a fuller potential. droning on that 4/4 with cheesy synthlines just doesnt cut it.

check these under psychadelics:

edit - crying over pros for no reason
    aesop rock - labor days
    mu-ziq - lunatic harness
    explosions in the sky - all of a sudden i miss everyone
    Last edited by kaib0rg; 01-04-2010 at 01:33 PM.

Thats your opinion mate.... Its not however true as Psychedelic is something subjective. Meaning that its different for each individual. I have been into it for 15 years and have gone through there phases where i felt the same. Then i started listening again...without drugs...and really listened some more. I found that what i found psychedelic is the producers hand....not the sounds. The way he moulds the sound to have a certain flow. Some wild sounds....some really controlled. The layers used. Basically the production. As you say...i too have heard pretty much all the sounds and shit used over the years. So you need to look for quality producers who can push past that. Explore a bit more my friend....you will find some gems amongst that cheese. In my opinion....there are but a handful in the scene.

Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast