Traktor // Presonus Firebox // VCI-100 // iTunes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor // Presonus Firebox // VCI-100 // iTunes

Here's what I want to do:

Traktor Pro using VCI-100 controls, output to a club mixer (at venue) using Firebox.

I can't get it to work and the Presonus is sounding really bright (treble) - more than usual.

I saw the "how-to" on the forum, but the Firebox Control panel doesn't even look the same as the screen shot that is posted. Also, is there a way to have iTunes play on one of the channels or is that out of the question?

HELP PLEASE.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by goldith View Post
    Here's what I want to do:

Traktor Pro using VCI-100 controls, output to a club mixer (at venue) using Firebox.

I can't get it to work and the Presonus is sounding really bright (treble) - more than usual.

I saw the "how-to" on the forum, but the Firebox Control panel doesn't even look the same as the screen shot that is posted. Also, is there a way to have iTunes play on one of the channels or is that out of the question?

HELP PLEASE.
    Send me a screenshot of your firebox mixer settings and traktor pro soundcard settings (input and ouput), and the info where what is connected to the firebox (speakers or amp or whatever).
    Then I can help you.

I'm using a vci-100, traktor pro and the presonus firebox.
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Leon.R View Post
    Send me a screenshot of your firebox mixer settings and traktor pro soundcard settings (input and ouput), and the info where what is connected to the firebox (speakers or amp or whatever).
    Then I can help you.

I'm using a vci-100, traktor pro and the presonus firebox.

THANKS!
    Here are screen shots of what the options are on my screen, also attached a photo of the cables I am using - the cables might be a problem too because I have a hard time hearing in stereo without switching up the cables to some weird combination that makes no sense.

I would like to know how I can set up with both internal mixer and external - if i go external, then I can't use the ProX Fade that I installed the way I want to.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tech Convert

Please note - the setup I am needing help with is for MAC platform.

Tech Mentor

Hi there,

the way your mixer is setup go for these Traktor Pro settings and report back.

external (output)

Output Monitor
    L 3:Lineout 3L
    R 4:Lineout 4R

Output Master
    L 1:Mainout 1L
    R 2:Mainout 2R

If that doesn't work I can post my complete settings, which you can then try out for yourself and if they solve the problem work towards your own setup.
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

Tech Convert

Leon, I will definitely try this tonight. Will this allow me to use the VCI mixer controls?

Thank you so much for your time.

Tech Mentor

Oh yeah,

I noticed you have the settings set to external mixing.
    In addition to the settings I already mentioned you also have to set:

Output Routing

Mixing mode:
    internal

Greetings and good luck

Tech Convert

Hi Leon,
    Everything seems to be well except for one thing - the headphone cueing...
    the headphone cue buttons (on the VCI-100 SE) as well as the fade (master & program volumes) & level knobs, when pressed or turned, the levels are affected on the main output into the mixer.

does that makes sense? i wish you were here.

Tech Convert

something is backwards. maybe you should send me your screen shots if you don't mind.

Gimme a sec to get my screen shots, I will see if I can help you out.
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast